Gap between the Premier League and the Championship seems the widest it's ever been.

SambaStyle

Even relegation tipped Premier League teams now have squads super deep.

All Championship teams have been completely asset stripped (Look at Leeds losing all their top players). The money gap is finally showing. I can't see a Championship team finishing Mid table right after promotion anymore like you'd used to see.

Even relegation tipped Premier League teams now have squads super deep.

All Championship teams have been completely asset stripped (Look at Leeds losing all their top players). The money gap is finally showing. I can't see a Championship team finishing Mid table right after promotion anymore like you'd used to see.
I don't think all 3 promoted teams will go back down this time though.

Maybe not.. Ipswich have acquired well.

Still though, the top teams in the Championship quality wise are no where near anymore to Bottom 3 prem (before PL transfer window)

I think a lot of them struggle to switch their style. Pep ball wins titles nowadays, so loads of teams come up playing like that, and try to keep doing it in the Premier League, where mistakes are punished. And then the manager gets rewarded with a big job, even if he gets relegated, because it's all about style of play nowadays.

Case in point, Ipswich today, playing out from the back against us.

I thought that, but when asked who would go down instead, it becomes harder to imagine. My mate txt after watching Saints v Forest today, apparently Saints (at home) had 5 shots, 1 on target....Forest had 23!!! and Forest would be a strong candidate to go down.

I thought that, but when asked who would go down instead, it becomes harder to imagine. My mate txt after watching Saints v Forest today, apparently Saints (at home) had 5 shots, 1 on target....Forest had 23!!! and Forest would be a strong candidate to go down.
If you put these 3 promoted teams against current Everton, you would imagine they will all beat them.

I watched that game, classic Russell Martin as they had a lot a lot of the ball but never looked that threatening.

If you were a conspiracy theorist you might think people in the PL are happy with the gaps, especially if the promoted teams are relegated and the relegated teams promoted.

That way they may look for 1 up 1 down and reduce the PL to 18

That's only if you are a conspiracy theorist though :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.