Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

I've edited the thread title because there's quite a lot of discussion about rare wild birds.

It's been a really interesting thread and I've learned ornithological things I didn't know about, so thanks to all who have contributed : )
Leave the birds alone you busy twitching ****

Relocate the feeder locations and see if that makes any difference.

I put a bird stand at the bottom of the garden and it now attracts species I didn’t see in the garden previously.
not a bad idea, ta

BBC is having its annual garden survey done with audience participation towards the end of the month. Their website gives details and identification guides and other bits and pieces for counting.
I always spend a pleasant hour whilst waiting for my Sunday breakfast. And it's one time you can be sure there's no BBC bias not even for little Robin redbreast.

For the second time, have seen a pair of the green parakeets in trees behind our garden. I know they are a common sight around south Manchester, but seem to be spreading further north now. Common in Brookdale Park (Newton Heath) which my old man'r house backs on to.
And now way up here in Rochdale .... we back onto Roch Valley. Also seen around nearby Marland Golf Course and Springfield Park too. If nesting, likely to be more in the spring.

Have also recently spotted Bull Finches on our feeding station. Again new to me.

Regularly on our feeders:
Bullfinch
Greenfinch
Chaffinch
Blue tit
Coal tit
Great tit
Long tail tit
robin
blackbird
Wood Pigeon
Dunnock
Siskin
Robin
Magpie
jackdaw

Occasionally
Blackcap
Collared doves
Nuthatch
Sparrow Hawk
Mistle thrush
Waxwing

BBC is having its annual garden survey done with audience participation towards the end of the month. Their website gives details and identification guides and other bits and pieces for counting.
I always spend a pleasant hour whilst waiting for my Sunday breakfast. And it's one time you can be sure there's no BBC bias not even for little Robin redbreast.
I'm hoping to catch sight of some bluebirds and tits (if you understand my meaning). F'nah, f'nah.

We had a spurt of Jays for a while and now they have disappeared - they went when i gave them muffins instead of barm cakes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.