Gareth Bale

I don't get what all the fuss about Bale is. Yes he was really good in 10/11 but I watched him several times in 11/12 and he was average at best. Can only remember thinking he's having a really good game once and that was when they beat Norwich other than that I can't think of to many times where he has stood out.

He scored 9 goals last season but only 2 against teams in the top half. That beauty against us and one against Fulham.

Still got plenty of time on his side put I certainly wouldn't pay 40-50million for him at this time he simply isn't that good.

I'm bored reading that people think Bale is overrated. Why not post that you know bugger all about football but are determined to have an opinion anyway? It's effectively the same thing.

hgblue said:
I'm bored reading that people think Bale is overrated. Why not post that you know bugger all about football but are determined to have an opinion anyway? It's effectively the same thing.

Bale has the potential to be the player that a lot of people seem to think he already is. He has had a couple of decent seasons under a 'motivational' but tactically lacking manager at Spurs. Give him a year under Mancini and he could very well be world class. At the moment he is too sloppy on occasion with his final ball and his passing is sometimes hopeful rather than measured. With our tidy, possession style game that isn't acceptable and he will need to be a lot more considered rather than being quite so gung-ho. His pace will give us an extra asset when we counter but he will need to be much more patient and controlled when we are pressing against a wall of defenders. Certainly worth spending a fortune on because he is almost, but not quite there. (In my opinion!)

Bale has the potential to be the next Ronaldo.

Forget the tricks, for sheer power and explosiveness, he is already on a par.

He is wasting his talent at Spuds, he has the capacity to be scoring 15-20 goals a season from a wide position.

Phenomenal talent and also a perfect pro, and you can never have enough of those type in your team.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

He is wasting his talent at Spuds, he has the capacity to be scoring 15-20 goals a season from a wide position.

Phenomenal talent and also a perfect pro, and you can never have enough of those type in your team.

Totally agree.

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Totally agree.

yeah, plus he has that heart celebration thing, which is awesome.

Sideshow Bob said:
hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Totally agree.

yeah, plus he has that heart celebration thing, which is awesome.

don't get me started on that shit. they should put it in his contract that he cant do that if we sign him

I've followed this kid for most of his career, all i can say is if we land him we need to make sure we do a thorough medical on him.

It's a lot of money to invest in someone who could break down, having said that if he could avoid any problems the lads a real talent.

Is he worth the gamble?

Danamy said:
I've followed this kid for most of his career, all i can say is if we land him we need to make sure we do a thorough medical on him.

It's a lot of money to invest in someone who could break down, having said that if he could avoid any problems the lads a real talent.

Is he worth the gamble?

He's worth the gamble if we can tie in a deal with Ade going the other way. At the minute we are spunking shedloads of wages on a player who doesn't even want to be here, so invest a portion of them on one of the brightest prospects we have seen here for ages. Win win surely Danamy?

BooksReject said:
Danamy said:

Is he worth the gamble?

He's worth the gamble if we can tie in a deal with Ade going the other way. At the minute we are spunking shedloads of wages on a player who doesn't even want to be here, so invest a portion of them on one of the brightest prospects we have seen here for ages. Win win surely Danamy?

Yeah, i agree to be honest

I'm just putting it out there for discussion that he does carry a certain gamble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.