Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't some Roy Of The Rovers fantasy existence, it would be nice if it was, but they're athletes who earn a living in the sports entertainment industry, they do it for self agrandissement and to earn money.
Some of them might love it but do you honestly think they do it for love?
I think you'd readily accept that even a prime Aguero would've been off like a shot if say Barca had offerred to double his earnings. So, on the opposite side of the coin, why would anyone expect Bale to half his income and throw away £300k a week?

Regards donations, I wouldn't do it but you can start posting them cheques if you like and my hat's off to you for sticking with your principles if you do.
Get in there Mr Kneville!

You are doing it already. We all contribute to Gareth Bale's wages.

The majority of footballers, do it for the love of it, same as athletes, musicians, artists etc.

Just that a select few are lucky enough to be paid to do it & a small minority of those are paid absolute fortunes to do it & still prefer earning even more money than to playing football.

There are people right now, who would love to be able to get together & perform, even for free, because they love it so much, but there are others who would turn down that opportunity, for 250 thousand pounds a week.

Wankers.

You are doing it already. We all contribute to Gareth Bale's wages.

The majority of footballers, do it for the love of it, same as athletes, musicians, artists etc.

Just that a select few are lucky enough to be paid to do it & a small minority of those are paid absolute fortunes to do it & still prefer earning even more money than to playing football.

There are people right now, who would love to be able to get together & perform, even for free, because they love it so much, but there are others who would turn down that opportunity, for 250 thousand pounds a week.

Wankers.

I think you'll agree that it's obvious that it needs to be that something that they enjoy, or they'd never get good at it, but beyond that it's a short career, that could end abruptly and they need to earn as much as they can as quickly as they can.
I might be going out on a limb but I have the notion that earning money is what professionals do and that those that do it for love are amateurs.

You believing that professional sports entertainers do it for love? Well that's an opinion I suppose and the fact that such innocence exists nowadays has cheered me up no end, ta.

Real don't want him and he doesn't want to lose any money by moving on a reduced wage. Initially it was Reals fault because the wages and terms were ridiculous, now it's a stalemate with Bale just accepting the cash and Real cutting their noses off to spite their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.