"Gareth Barry: Football’s Mr. Marmite?" - new blog article

Brilliant buy, been absolutely brilliant this season for us, glad Liverpool didnt get hold of him. One of the first names on the sheet for me with Yaya and Kompany.

Very good indeed Mike.

I'll tell you one reason why we miss Barry so much when he's not there: he never passes backwards. Unlike De Jong, Ya Ya or even Nasri, he's always looking to apply pressure - great or small - with his passing. Playing as we do now without Tevez dropping deep all the time means that there are more options for GB when he's on the ball.

This is my first post on this forum, use to be on 606 for several years. I have been reading this site since start of the season. Begining to recognise some posters styles and some old 606s.
As for Barry, I was always an advocate for him. shame he has had such bad press from the England point of view. would be a travesty if he was not to make the Euros this summer. He brings calm and quality in the most tense part of the pitch and he helps find and create space for Silva. Their link up play is always class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.