Gareth Barry for new England captain???

I think he needs to up his game in a blue shirt before we start worrying if he is going to be Ingerland captain.

Would make a superb captain, but as previously mentioned, is looked upon as dirt now he's a blue. Remember, that overrated bag of shit Upson slagged him off in the training camp as soon as Gaz signed for City, saying he'd joined for the money. Quite hypocritical, considering he joined Hammers for the same thing.

Are ye serious he shouldnt even start based on his performances , i dont even think he should be in our starting 11 not to mind captaining england, wednesday night he was a joke, completely anomynous in the second half, wasnt playing centre mid and deffo not left so what was he actually doing.

England Captain ????????? tut

England Captain????
Why do you think Mancini is scouting round Europe to buy midfielders? He will be on our bench soon if he doesn't improve. He needs to up his game and start passing to a blue shirt to even get a game for England never mind Captain them.
Peanut headed scouser will get it.

Gareth Barry?
The more I see of him, the more I think weren't the red scouse lucky gits.
With the exception of the Chelsea game (where de Jong was running the show), he hasn't stood up to be counted for any big match. Three times we've played United and three times Barry's gone awol. You'd think that with Zabeleta the victim of persistent fouling, early on last Wednesday, that an experienced England midfielder like Barry would step in and show an average manyoo midfield who's boss. He didn't. He's in serious danger of becoming labelled as a big-time player at a small club (no disrespect to Villa but I hope you know what I mean) who can't hack the step up to the big time. Stevie Gerrard is playing well below his best all year and was returning from injury when he outplayed Barry at Anfield. Don't even get me started on Spurs, Villa (god, the excuses that got bandied about after that rubbish performance were really embarrassing), Everton and Birmingham.
On top of everything else, Barry is a diver and I hate cheats. His sole contribution, midweek, was to flop about the place everytime the hard tackles came in.
The sooner he either grows a pair and sets about doing the job for which he is so extravagently rewarded or is replaced by somebody who is willing to do the job, the better. Frankly, I don't care which comes first. He's been given a chance that anybody on this board would die for and what's he done with it? Sweet f.a!
Yeah, yeah, now I'm going to have to put up with a string of replies insisting "he'll come good" and "he's a class act" and "form is temporary but class is permanent". Well, now it's February (almost!). Time for him to sh*t or get off the pot.
A big man for the small occasion.

Despite all this going on, I'm certain it will still be Terry. He is an excellent captain, and leads by example. Sir David of Beckham was not stripped of captain after his affairs, and I'm sure Terry won't either.

mad4city said:
Gareth Barry?
The more I see of him, the more I think weren't the red scouse lucky gits.
With the exception of the Chelsea game (where de Jong was running the show), he hasn't stood up to be counted for any big match. Three times we've played United and three times Barry's gone awol. You'd think that with Zabeleta the victim of persistent fouling, early on last Wednesday, that an experienced England midfielder like Barry would step in and show an average manyoo midfield who's boss. He didn't. He's in serious danger of becoming labelled as a big-time player at a small club (no disrespect to Villa but I hope you know what I mean) who can't hack the step up to the big time. Stevie Gerrard is playing well below his best all year and was returning from injury when he outplayed Barry at Anfield. Don't even get me started on Spurs, Villa (god, the excuses that got bandied about after that rubbish performance were really embarrassing), Everton and Birmingham.
On top of everything else, Barry is a diver and I hate cheats. His sole contribution, midweek, was to flop about the place everytime the hard tackles came in.
The sooner he either grows a pair and sets about doing the job for which he is so extravagently rewarded or is replaced by somebody who is willing to do the job, the better. Frankly, I don't care which comes first. He's been given a chance that anybody on this board would die for and what's he done with it? Sweet f.a!
Yeah, yeah, now I'm going to have to put up with a string of replies insisting "he'll come good" and "he's a class act" and "form is temporary but class is permanent". Well, now it's February (almost!). Time for him to sh*t or get off the pot.
A big man for the small occasion.

Surely a rag or a villa fan?

anyone whos watched city this season will have seen barry go about his job well, he might not do the hero tackles de jong does but I gurantee every game barry tackles more and intercepts more of the oppisitons passes than any other city player. As for the shit of he's a diver come on he's intellegent he draws people into stupid fouls almost always when were under pressure aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.