Gareth Barry & Pab Zab

Bellers_a_hero

These two guys need to be recognised so much more by the world of football outside of Manchester City. Every time they put on a shirt they work so hard in the background. Pab Zab just being a typical full back with his tackles and controlling play and Gaz Baz sweeping everything from in front of the back 4, his tackles timed to perfection and his passes reach our players almost at every attempt! I can't think of many other teams in the Premier League who have players like this!

Barry was simply outstanding against Arsenal. He was MOTM for me, but the comedy value of giving it to Nasri was brilliant. I must admit that I was nervous when Zab was matched up against Walcott, but it only reminded me of how vastly overrated Walcott is, and how good Zab is at times.

two grafters, who maybe dont get the praise they should,zab as some have stated on other threads has blue blood,and barry just mops up and gives it to the players who can thread the eye of a needle pass,although he's not bad himself at this at times...

both were excellent yesterday and are great servants to the club. I honestly believe Zab will become a City legend, he'll be one of those that is welcomed back to the club with open arms after he's retired, in the way that Uwe Rosler is.

I can see it in the future, when the stadium has been redeveloped (still no goal line technology or chips at half time), but we have The Goater tier, The Bell End, and the Pab Zab Stand.

I'm not just meaning yesterday's performance vs Arsenal I am thinking collectively over the whole season and maybe into last, the shift they have put in for this club is unbelieveable!

If you speak to pretty much any non City fan they will tell you that Gaz BAz is shite. How little they know. I know Silva runs the show but it generally starts with BArry. He's our scrum half, sets the wheels in motion for the magicians to wave the wand.
Every manager (City or England) picks Barry, they see it, football fans don't.

And as for Zabaleta, well he plays like we would but with 1000 x more talent! love him.

marcus said:
If you speak to pretty much any non City fan they will tell you that Gaz BAz is shite. How little they know. I know Silva runs the show but it generally starts with BArry. He's our scrum half, sets the wheels in motion for the magicians to wave the wand.
Every manager (City or England) picks Barry, they see it, football fans don't.

That sums it up perfectly, He gets slated by other fans, but I think he is one of the first names on Bob's teamsheet!! A rag workmate is now starting to see this and agrees with me regarding his important input into the system we are playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.