GARETH BARRY - Where will he play? CB, LB, LM OR CM

Who is to say that Barry will be a starter this coming season. Everybodys place is up for grabs and to just walk straight into the midfield I would be pissed to miss out in the midfield to him. Zab , De Jong , Ireland and Kompany have all done good in the midfield area and to see Barry moving in first choice midfield I would be pissed. I can see him moving about the team but not a defo midfield first choice I think the other players playing there already are better than Barry. Fair enough Left mid or Left back I would have no problem with him playing there as he could be a better option than what we have there at the moment.

C/DM with De Jong at home (Kompany at CB) or sometimes with Kompany in CM and DeJong on the bench

Away from home he may play on the left wing and Robbie can play just behind the two front men.

I can't remember the exact interview but I saw Barry being quoted as saying that Hughes had assured him that he would be playing centre midfield, which is what he wanted due to next year's world cup.

HOME

SWP-----IRELAND----BARRY----Robinho

AWAY

ROBINHO-----IRELAND----KOMPANY----BARRY

He can play anywhere across the centre plus full back at the end of the day ! He played left midfield for Villa and England all the time. Liverpool were going to stick him in the holding role where Alonso / Masc play.

he didn't fancy liverpool as they were'nt going to play him in the alonso/mascherano role at all. benitez saw him as filling in on the left, which he won't be doing for us barring emergencies due to red cards/injuries. its world cup year and as he himself has stated he wants to cement his role in the middle of the park, which hughes has clearly offered him.

can't see him playing wide for us anyway given his lack of pace, left back would just be a waste, and people seem to be overlooking the fact that the fluidity his passing will offer us is something that was sorely missed when both De Jong and Kompany played in midfield. Good as they were at what they did, they weren't exactly the most dynamic in feeding our more creative players. Its a no-brainer for me that that will be one of Barry's key responsibilities for us as a CM.

Kompany could end up at centre half and De Jong could end up on the bench next season a fair bit I feel.

I just dont see how all 3 of them can be accomodated in the same team unless we play one up front and Kompnay in defence.

£18 million for De Jong to warm the bench is going to be a little extravegant, cant see him being happpy either in world cup year he plays every game for Holland pretty much.

alera said:
HOME

SWP-----IRELAND----BARRY----Robinho

AWAY

ROBINHO-----IRELAND----KOMPANY----BARRY

He can play anywhere across the centre plus full back at the end of the day ! He played left midfield for Villa and England all the time. Liverpool were going to stick him in the holding role where Alonso / Masc play.

What you on about? he never plays left wing? He plays lcm where he'l play for city.

alera said:
Kompany could end up at centre half and De Jong could end up on the bench next season a fair bit I feel.

I just dont see how all 3 of them can be accomodated in the same team unless we play one up front and Kompnay in defence.

£18 million for De Jong to warm the bench is going to be a little extravegant, cant see him being happpy either in world cup year he plays every game for Holland pretty much.

Think you're the only person on the forum who thinks we paid 18m for De Jong. £13m and alot of it is performance related payments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.