Gareth Barry

man-city10

According to News of the world, on page 80 it says that Mark Hughes plans to make Gareth our captain as Dunney is set to move to either Sunderland or Spurs for 5 mil. Is he the right person to captain our side?

man-city10 said:
According to News of the world, on page 80 it says that Mark Hughes plans to make Gareth our captain as Dunney is set to move to either Sunderland or Spurs for 5 mil. Is he the right person to captain our side?

Yes-genuine organiser and leader [But Dunne to stay as back up]

man-city10 said:
If Dunney is to leave, it would be between Gareth and Vince, IMO.

If Dunney goes then Vince or even Ireland deserve it ahead of Barry. Not a fan of giving the captaincy to somebody who is yet to kick a ball for us.

ninjamonkey said:
If Dunney goes then Vince or even Ireland deserve it ahead of Barry. Not a fan of giving the captaincy to somebody who is yet to kick a ball for us.
Stevie doesn't strike me as captain material. Certainly not yet anyway.

i just cant understand why everyone says Barry for captain, okay, its a possibility, but Vinnie should get it because he's already captain material (lookin at barry last season i think he has a bit further to go) and also, Vinnie has been here a year, he knows the club and the players a LOT more than Barry does

our next captain just has to be Vinnie, Barry as backup

We are looking to build a new team with a new winning mentality so I would be happy to see Barry as captain, if we can get 5m for Dunne that would be great business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.