Gareth Barry

Using your loaf, Barry is the obvious choice, you need a settled captain.

It has to be a lad who will play EVERY game...I would say injuries permitting, Barry will. Vinnie will play a lot, but not sure about every game.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Vitek said:
i think our captain should be Pablo Zabaleta
I like Zabaleta, but I have the feeling, although he might play 30 or so games next year he will not be an automatic starter and thats really something you need in your captain.

i think he wil be starter and is better then Richards

Barry seems a logical choice to me, though I have heard Villa fans saying that he isnt a natural leader?
What is Certain is that the the balance and experience he will bring to our central midfield will be integral to any future success. Not sure Kompany will be an automatic starter unless he moves into defence. Midfield three IMO looks to be De Vong, Barry and Ireland.

Ideally a good team needs to have leaders all over the pitch and I believe we are starting to have that - its a good sign that we have two or three players other than Dunne that you could make a good case for being captain.

Vincent for me. He deputised as skipper during Dunne's many suspensions last season and he suited the armband well. He has that cool air about him and you can just tell he's a natural leader. It would be an honour for both player and club if he was captain IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.