Gareth Barry

ibbo_mcfc said:
Aye, i think they're (the villa fans) are clutching at straws. He'll/we'll rip them to pieces next week.

I think the Villa players and fans will spend that much time trying to get Barry unsettled they will forget about Bellamy,Tevez,Adebayor,Ireland,SWP............... ;o)

Prestwich_Blue said:
meeesh said:
Hang on a minute Barry can give the ball away a lot too at times,for club and country I may add
Sometimes his passes go astray but that doesn't equate to "giving the ball away a lot".

I aint going to start an argument with you,however is there a difference between passing astray and giving the ball away,and i aint comparing the two lads,but SWP could probably do Barrys job,but could Barry do SWP's ? no didnt think so

cityblue32 said:
Apparently he had the same stomach bug as superman and only just got passed fit.Don't worry he will dominate against villa next week.

Makes you realise why we need a big squad - and why teams like Villa and Everton have found it so difficult to make the jump into the big four.

There have been so many threads worried about what will happen when all our players are fit, and yet we've already had a striker mini-crisis. Tevez had to be rushed back a little quicker than seemed likely. Bellamy has played three times in a week and, with his injury history, probably could do with a little more rest. Barry played when maybe he shouldn't have.

With a smaller squad we've have already dropped more points.

We know we've got a team that can compete with the top clubs, but, what's giving me confidence is that we had an easy game last night, despite Barry being off form and with Ade, Robbie, RSC, Kompany, Johnson, Ireland etc not in a position to start the game. It will be interesting to see what happens when we start getting injuries and suspensions in defence - if we cope as well as we are now then we're going to be a major force!

I think Barry paid the penalty for the more 442 formation last night. Nige has somewhat a free role to patrol in front of the defence (quite rightly) but in a 4 man midfield that leaves Barry to control the rest of the central midfield area going forward on his own, previously there has been Ireland in there too so they could share the burden. I suspect that bug hasn't helped him and he will be back to his best against Villa though, and two upfront is the right way to play when we are without a tall striker.

One of them actually came out with this which was quite sensible:

"For those who say he left for money etc, look at how city are doing. I think his decision to leave has been vindicated to an extent. I will clap him, at the end."

and there were even a few that agreed. Of course there were also plenty who just want to boo because they can't see passed the way the media portray anyone who comes to City as being a greedy whore.

bluebarn said:
and there were even a few that agreed. Of course there were also plenty who just want to boo because they can't see passed the way the media portray anyone who comes to City as being a greedy whore.

That sounds like every Villa fan I know!!

When Barry signed for us they couldnt believe it.They said that we weren't even in europe,he wanted Champions League blah blah blah.I just said that were showing far more ambition than them and that we were the only team who could realisticly break the top 4.Time will tell i guess if Barry has been proved right in signing for us

staffs_blue said:
bluebarn said:

When Barry signed for us they couldnt believe it.They said that we weren't even in europe,he wanted Champions League blah blah blah.I just said that were showing far more ambition than them and that we were the only team who could realisticly break the top 4.Time will tell i guess if Barry has been proved right in signing for us

Perhaps you couldn't blame them. Barry was our first summer signing, and even we didn't know we would be in for such a phenomenal transfer window. On the same thread on that Villa forum there are a couple who concede now that City are showing more ambition to be in the CL than Villa. After the way they played for the first two thirds of last season when it looked like they might be the team to break into the top 4 it must be disheartening to watch how we have progressed.

Didnt have his best game last night probably still recovering from the shits!!

He will be up for it next week though!

bluebarn said:
staffs_blue said:

Perhaps you couldn't blame them. Barry was our first summer signing, and even we didn't know we would be in for such a phenomenal transfer window. On the same thread on that Villa forum there are a couple who concede now that City are showing more ambition to be in the CL than Villa. After the way they played for the first two thirds of last season when it looked like they might be the team to break into the top 4 it must be disheartening to watch how we have progressed.

Maybe so but the whole world knew we were gonna spend serious money on top class players so it shouldnt of come as that much of a surprise.

When I have football related arguments with Villa fans I know there favourite come back is 'How many European Cups have little Citeh won'?

What hurts them the most is not the fact that Barry has left,its the fact that Barry has left for a club who they consider to be smaller than them,because they have 'history'!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.