Gareth Barry

A good player who for some reason has been stripped of his confidence. The way he struggled to stay balanced yesterday and when he failed to get the ball out of his feet from a great position against Brum indicate that he is overthinking his game.
He needs to show character to get through this but should be dropped for NDJ

The reception he got at Villa really seems to have affected his game. Up until then he was excellent. Got some stick again at Birmingham last week and had another poor game. He should be above this sort of thing. Needs a rest. Ireland has had a rest through injury and tactical, and came back looking great in the 2nd half yesterday.

raglanblue said:
barry at left-back;where he started at aston villa;gives us more options in midfield

and a midfielder at leftback.

keemcfc said:
ayrshire_blue said:
He made Barry Ferguson look a great player last Sunday. Yesterday, he was even worse.

The biggest liabillity in our side IMO. Played well the first couple of games but since then he's been rotten. How many times did he pass the ball out the park against Birmingham?

Lost the ball yesterday for fannying about, made a joke of an attempt to win it back. De Jong would not have lost that ball, and if he did would have been an absolute pest to make sure he wins it back.

Forget the fact he was a big summer signing, if he's not good enough...don't play him.
And Barry was at fault for their second yesterday, so he cost us 2 points, and in reslut, 4th place.

When youre trying to get in the top 4, 2 points is quite a lot.

Also, when we concede goals, quite often the last player on our team to touch it is Barry.

When I think over who weve got in our squad, Id say Barry is easily the worst midfielder there.

Him and Bridge anyway, cos if Bridge was back and not in attack, he could have recovered the ball.

he was really poor yesterday but i thought it was more a problem with his tackleing or lack of rater then taking to much time on the ball. id rather him get into their mid field instead of standing off them. just didnt do anything to stop passes.

What a load of shite i'm reading here, he's played every game this year and is obviously exhausted... Still one of our best players regardless. Form is temporary, Class is permanent... and if he didn't have class we wouldn't have bought him.

I have said this a few times. De Jong is better than Barry for us. Simple.

I might warm to the idea that Barry could play left back better than Bridge. But then again so can Jordan on yesterdays performance. When typing that I meant Stephen rather than Katie Price but maybe.....

I thought barry would have been a far better signing-but what is his role?
We have DeJong as a purely defensive midfielder in the cliched Makalele role.
We had Stevie Ireland next to him as the box to box midfielder, but Barry seems to be a wierd hybrid-doing bits of both without doing either well. Ireland has simply not played as well this season, and I'd put that down to Barry clogging up the midfield in a way that is impinging on Irelands bombastic style.
For my money-against Liverpool, I'd go SWP-Ireland-De Jong-Bellamy with 2 up front. I dont see the point in us having 2 defensive midfielders if one of em isnt really doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.