Gareth Barry

He's been playing with an hernia for a while now, with Johnson,Ireland and Vieira all out he's been unable to rest him.

Ric said:
BillyShears said:
In a shower of shit, he (along with Robinho) stank the most.

I've not really commented on him this season, but frankly I don't see what others see. I think he's vastly overrated,

How he ever gets into our team ahead of Stevie is beyond me.

Um, he doesn't get in the team ahead of Ireland? Ireland's injured - when fit he's been in Mancini's starting XI every time.

Barry didn't play well today, but then no one did so it's unfair to make Barry the scapegoat. Just out of interest, given the players available today, who would you have picked ahead of him in centre mid?!

To be honest, the comment about Stevie was more out of frustration at having seen the De Jong Barry axis too many times this season. Wasn't meant as a particular criticism about tonight.

I'm certainly not scapegoating Barry. Like I said, we were a shower of shit from back to front. I still don't think he's good enough to play in a 442, and doesn't do the things he's supposed to be good at nearly enough. I don't rate him.

We were fucked because of injuries today, but I'd have started with Benjani, and when RSC got injured, I'd have certainly put him on and not Robinho.

Fair enough mate. I do think he's good enough to play in a 4-4-2, as he does it pretty well for England. But he needs to be the holding player, not sure him and de Jong can play together in centre mid.

Ric said:
Fair enough mate. I do think he's good enough to play in a 4-4-2, as he does it pretty well for England. But he needs to be the holding player, not sure him and de Jong can play together in centre mid.

Out of curiosity, who do you think is the better holding player, De Jong or Barry?

I'm glad someone posted this. I think he is vastly overrated. For a few years at Villa he was underrated, but it seems like public opinion has shifted drastically the other way where now he is overrated. You see that when he plays for England and comes up against the big sides, he gets found out. His first touch is poor at times, and he gives away possession far too easily. He looks scared on the ball when he gets closed down.
He's got a bit of the Gerrard about him, does the difficult stuff well and the simple stuff poorly at times. I think he's a decent player, but nothing more, and our third best central midfielder (discounting Vieira who we haven't seen yet) when Superman is fit.

BillyShears said:
Ric said:

Out of curiosity, who do you think is the better holding player, De Jong or Barry?

De Jong, just.

BillyShears said:
Ric said:
Um, he doesn't get in the team ahead of Ireland? Ireland's injured - when fit he's been in Mancini's starting XI every time.

Barry didn't play well today, but then no one did so it's unfair to make Barry the scapegoat. Just out of interest, given the players available today, who would you have picked ahead of him in centre mid?!

To be honest, the comment about Stevie was more out of frustration at having seen the De Jong Barry axis too many times this season. Wasn't meant as a particular criticism about tonight.

I'm certainly not scapegoating Barry. Like I said, we were a shower of shit from back to front. I still don't think he's good enough to play in a 442, and doesn't do the things he's supposed to be good at nearly enough. I don't rate him.

We were fucked because of injuries today, but I'd have started with Benjani, and when RSC got injured, I'd have certainly put him on and not Robinho.

this is what ive said today in another thread we need cover for ireland of which we have not got and are crying out for.

no matter what some might say imho we need a playmaker like ireland to come into the squad,we just dont have that many options on the bench when ireland is injured and we play 2 defensive midfielders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.