Gareth Barry

SuperYaya said:
I don't agree that DJ and Barry can't play together. It's not a case of Barry playing better because Nige is out, it's just a case of Barry playing better. I reckon it might be because he's realised that with Nasri coming in he actually has to work to get in the team. Also, if anything I would drop Yaya at the moment, he's looked shite lately, possibly down to the fact that he's in ramadan so can't eat or drink during sunlight hours.

You've got to be joking? Yaya and Barry bossed that game yesterday, giving the team a platform for the front four to do their stuff. De Jong is a great player, but Barry has nailed down that spot and you can't drop Yaya imo.

As my mate at work today said that watches a lot of football - its like he's been fed raw meat over the summer and turned into a beast as he looks a different player this season. He does so much that you hardly notice - like the conductor of an orchestra, just keeps us beating in time from the middle.

I don't really buy the whole premise people are having talking about preferred arrangement of Yaya/De Jong/Barry. I think you add to those three Milner and you'll have those 4 rotated through those 2 midfield roles all season long. De Jong is still going to be critical come the crunch games against the big teams, as he is that midfield destroyer that the other three are not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.