Gareth Barry

bluetonium said:
Shame for him. Personally think Milner may be able to do a job in his role for club and country. Hope he recovers for us though, his experience and ability is very much appreciated by the rest of the squad.
If Phil "Stan Laurel" Jones starts ahead of Milner in midfield it will be a fucling travesty. I've got little interest in England apart from a mild wish for them to do well, that will soon disappear going by Hodgson's squad decisions so far - all of them are wtf! decisions:

Downing before AJ
Johnson/Jones before Micah
Barry ruled out and a CB drafted in
Walcott before anybody with a football brain
Andy Carroll

Looks like a recipe for disaster, hope they do well but I think we'll struggle to get out of the group stage.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
And in the bizarre mind of Roy Hodgson he brings in a defender for a midfielder.

Phil Duncan Jones is the perfect cover in midfield.He is world class isn't he hahahahaha

Was watching the Soccer Aid match last night, and what struck me most was the similarity in performance at full back of Phil Jones to Paddy McGuinness.

Does Sir Alex know that there's a hidden gem out there, wasting away on dating shows? At 38 he also fits in perfectly with their age profile policy, and he was also only born 10 miles down the road in Bolton. Score one for the Mighty Rags. I can hear them now "You signed Aguero, we signed McGuinness!"

bluetonium said:
Shame for him. Personally think Milner may be able to do a job in his role for club and country. Hope he recovers for us though, his experience and ability is very much appreciated by the rest of the squad.

I wouldn't want Milner there in place of Barry, he doesn't hold and distribute in the same way. I'd rather see Lampard take Barrys place and get told to play more disciplined.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7767087/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7767087/</a>
City success vindicates Barry
Midfielder delighted after 'best season ever' at 'perfect club'
I´m delighted for Gareth one of my favorite players, so happy that he´s was apart of our title success. Never complains and always does his job, very consistent and a true proffesional.

probably saw Henderson warming up and tore his stomach muscle through laughing so hard

What I thought was sad for Barry was when we won the league and the person presenting the players to us got to his name the microphone went off. He then announced another player as it came back on and hurriedly announced Barry again.

He deserved better, no ones fault but a shame all the same as he has been immense this season

mayo31 said:
What I thought was sad for Barry was when we won the league and the person presenting the players to us got to his name the microphone went off. He then announced another player as it came back on and hurriedly announced Barry again.

He deserved better, no ones fault but a shame all the same as he has been immense this season

I spotted that too. I thought it was amusing. I wouldn't have thought it would not have bothered him. After all he was a key player - based on the fact that Mancini picked him in the big games without fail - in a championship winning team, picked up a medal and held aloft the trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.