Gareth Barry's return to Villa

saddos have to convince themselves the only reason he left was for money. It hurts for them to admit that he saw us as having a better chance of breaking the top four and/or winning trophies than them. But he even actually said as much himself, so this is more delusion than simple spin on their part lol.

Robbo. said:
City Slicker said:
wasnt dunne slaggin us in the papers???

spot on fella, he gave the fans good service in the years he played for us...but when he left and slagged the team that kept him through his dark days then all respect for him vanished imo.

thats what i was thinkin...
boo dunne :)

When we say Dunne "slagged" us off, we are assuming that the newspaper is accurately reporting the context and intent of a player. Newspapers deliberately try to create conflict and controversy, and twist words to imply something that wasn't intended. It's not like Dunne (or Barry for Villa, or Robinho for us, or Adebayor for Arsenal etc etc) went looking for a reporter to talk to about his feelings. Some reporter sticks a mic in the guy's face and asks some loaded and leading question, then puts whatever the answer into a really misleading Headline.

I watched how West Ham treated Tevez with respect, and how he responded - it was classy and impressive. I say we ignore anything reported in the papers and make the judgment for ourselves based on the way a player put in a shift for us. Dunne was immense for years, and I think deserves our full respect and best wishes. There's nothing that the gutter press can write that will change what I *know* about how Dunne played for us.

AustinBlue said:
When we say Dunne "slagged" us off, we are assuming that the newspaper is accurately reporting the context and intent of a player. Newspapers deliberately try to create conflict and controversy, and twist words to imply something that wasn't intended. It's not like Dunne (or Barry for Villa, or Robinho for us, or Adebayor for Arsenal etc etc) went looking for a reporter to talk to about his feelings. Some reporter sticks a mic in the guy's face and asks some loaded and leading question, then puts whatever the answer into a really misleading Headline.

I watched how West Ham treated Tevez with respect, and how he responded - it was classy and impressive. I say we ignore anything reported in the papers and make the judgment for ourselves based on the way a player put in a shift for us. Dunne was immense for years, and I think deserves our full respect and best wishes. There's nothing that the gutter press can write that will change what I *know* about how Dunne played for us.

spot on

I'm sorry, but you guys clearly have no clue.

When Mellberg left us on a free for Juventus, in his last game we sung his name all game. Because he left properly. To a bigger club, without saying anything to the fans.

Barry slagged us off when Liverpool were after him, didn't play as well as he could do last season and then fucked off for more money at city. Then started spouting rubbish about how he'd have more chance of going to the world cup with city blah blah blah. Forgive me gareth, but which under which manager did you cement a place in englands starting 11?

Anyway, I won't boo him. I won't even acknowledge him, fuck him, he's city now.

I just think it's pretty funny how you all assume you have better fans because of this. Let's see the reception you give Sturridge, who clearly did leave for a bigger club.

About the game, I reckon 1-1.

Not a bad post from AVFC to be honest.Apart from the bit about Chelsea clearly being a bigger club.I mean ffs some people on here are even saying they lost all respect for Dunnie because he slagged off the saintly and city till I die(so much so I cried when we got a late draw at Blackburn)bloke that is Garry Cooke.It just proves the point that all clubs have their fair share of fickle and stupid supporters.

AVFC1892 said:
I'm sorry, but you guys clearly have no clue.

When Mellberg left us on a free for Juventus, in his last game we sung his name all game. Because he left properly. To a bigger club, without saying anything to the fans.

Barry slagged us off when Liverpool were after him, didn't play as well as he could do last season and then fucked off for more money at city. Then started spouting rubbish about how he'd have more chance of going to the world cup with city blah blah blah. Forgive me gareth, but which under which manager did you cement a place in englands starting 11?

Anyway, I won't boo him. I won't even acknowledge him, fuck him, he's city now.

I just think it's pretty funny how you all assume you have better fans because of this. Let's see the reception you give Sturridge, who clearly did leave for a bigger club.

About the game, I reckon 1-1.

1-1?? is that your prediction for the match?? maybe half time score.

Craig said:
Not a bad post from AVFC to be honest.Apart from the bit about Chelsea clearly being a bigger club.I mean ffs some people on here are even saying they lost all respect for Dunnie because he slagged off the saintly and city till I die(so much so I cried when we got a late draw at Blackburn)bloke that is Garry Cooke.It just proves the point that all clubs have their fair share of fickle and stupid supporters.

come on, i'd say chelsea are bigger than villa aswell!

i didn't mean to come on here in such an angry fashion, but some of the views on here annoyed me. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

And incidentally, yes I think it will be 1-1. O'Neill will have them fired up for this one, especially after the loss to blackburn last week. It will deffo be a good atmospehere aswell.

AVFC1892 said:
Craig said:

come on, i'd say chelsea are bigger than villa aswell!

i didn't mean to come on here in such an angry fashion, but some of the views on here annoyed me. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

And incidentally, yes I think it will be 1-1. O'Neill will have them fired up for this one, especially after the loss to blackburn last week. It will deffo be a good atmospehere aswell.

That's your own fault for coming onto a City forum, you were never going to exactly enjoy what you read, especially after what some of your fans have been posting about GB. I know you have said you won't boo him, or even acknowledge him for that matter, but for those fans who do, they are just proving to him that he made the right choice by switching to us. He's had one offish game (Monday night) and that was only because he was ill. Other than that he has been on top form and in my opinion one of our best if not THE best signing under Mark Hughes.

I would like to hope it's the minority who are planning on booing him, but if it's not, hey ho, I'm sure it'll be water off a ducks back for him and probably gear him up even more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.