Gareth Taylor!!!!

davymcfc said:
I remember me and my dad getting excited about signing him. If I remember correctly his debut was away at Luton.

Yes, think you're right there - he wasn't very good. Seemed to recall Royle bigging him up a the best header of a ball he'd seen. Hmmm. Nope. Not. Ever.

It was his dropping just beyond the Gillingham penalty area that led to the equaliser at wembley, the head down caused the initial problem for Gillingham's defence. It was a moment frozen in time. On the other side of the coin his miss at Wrexham from 1 yard out was the the most humorous I've ever seen?

GazM said:
davymcfc said:
I remember me and my dad getting excited about signing him. If I remember correctly his debut was away at Luton.

Yes, think you're right there - he wasn't very good. Seemed to recall Royle bigging him up a the best header of a ball he'd seen. Hmmm. Nope. Not. Ever.

To be fair he was very good in the air but as usual at City, the service to him was rubbish..

Dont ever forget his flick on at Wembley, he was as important that day as Dickov..

GazM said:
davymcfc said:

He had a couple of decent games that year. The one that springs to mind is stoke at home which was a key game that turned our season around. A couple of years later he was at burnley and we were playing them at turf moor. We were winning 4-2 and we were singing "Taylor, what's the score?" To which he put both his hands on his head. Was quite funny at the time. Seems a decent bloke, not particularly good but still played his part during those two promotion seasons.

I thought he did ok for us tbh, not great ability but he mucked in,he scored a blinder in a 3-0 win against keegans fulham in div3 top of the table clash...
Average players usually make good coaches as top players don't always cut it as good coaches..
Good luck to the lad..

To say he didn't set the world alight playing for us is somewhat of an understatement, however if he is a decent coach and is going to get the best out of the kids, then good luck to the fella.

Corky said:
As much a hero of Wembley '99 as anyone.
Agreed. For a player who used to take a bit of flak off the fans, he had a decent goal to game ratio for us iirc?
Definitely not as bad as Super fat Bob Taylor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.