Garrido now at Villareal....

Joycee Banercheck said:
nigel said:
Correctamundo Rassclot....Fernando Llorente of Bilbao is actually Fernando Llorente Torres..Wouldn't like to be a postman in the Basque country !!
I would. It has to be better than Heywood.

My Dad is a postman in heywood - he would probably agree with you

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
nigel said:
Correctamundo Rassclot....Fernando Llorente of Bilbao is actually Fernando Llorente Torres..Wouldn't like to be a postman in the Basque country !!

Actually, not correct. Spanish children take their father and mother's surname - meaning Javi Garrido Behobide mum is Mrs Garrido, and his father Mr Behobide (or vice versa).

Every Spanish player will have this -

Francesc Fabregas i Soler (Exceptionally Catalan name!)
Fernando Torres Sanz
Carles Puyol i Saforcada

etc etc

Interestingly (or not), a lot of Basques and Catalans have one very Spanish name and one very Catalan/Basque, due to hundreds of thousands of people heading north from Andalucia during Franquismo to work in the factories of the richer, more industrialised north. Javi is the perfect example (plus his first name is the Spanish/Castellano version)

Shouldn't it be Xavier is Euskadi (Basque)?

Big_Bad_Bojinov said:
nigel said:

Actually, not correct. Spanish children take their father and mother's surname - meaning Javi Garrido Behobide mum is Mrs Garrido, and his father Mr Behobide (or vice versa).

Every Spanish player will have this -

Francesc Fabregas i Soler (Exceptionally Catalan name!)
Fernando Torres Sanz
Carles Puyol i Saforcada

etc etc

Interestingly (or not), a lot of Basques and Catalans have one very Spanish name and one very Catalan/Basque, due to hundreds of thousands of people heading north from Andalucia during Franquismo to work in the factories of the richer, more industrialised north. Javi is the perfect example (plus his first name is the Spanish/Castellano version)

Franco shoved most of the industry up north to get people to move there and dilute the local people's bloodlines, hoping eventually Basque and Catalan culture would be wiped out.

What we call Spanish is in fact Castillion. The region giving rise to the language we call Spanish.

The father's name is first and the mother second.

So Javier's father is called Sr Garrido y (mother's name, father's side) and his mother is Sra Behobide y (mother's name, father's side).

Spanish women keep their name throughout their lives.

The catalan names used above are correct as "i" is the catalan version of the Spanish "y".

So if Francesc Fabregas i Soler was from Madrid he would be Francesc Fabregas y Soler.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.