Garrido

King-Elano said:
he once said in a interview he doesn't like tackling doesn't that say it all? I prefer him as a midfield player, chances are he'll be gone in the summer

I'd heard he'd prefer to play in midfield. He clearly is not a left back but then I don't really think that Bridge looks like the answer either.

Definately got potential and based on Bridges performances last few weeks, Garrido may find himself getting a run out sooner rather than later...

Dereck Jeffries 3 wd said:
Everywhere I look there are fans having a go at him on the forum lets get rid etc!

Last season he started off “ok” few dodgy games then hardly got look in! This season he IMO was improving nicely seeing as that there is no cover in front of him (certainly better than Ball!) then got dropped because of Bridge arrival. Ok fair enough! Bur Bridge does not look that good without cover does he? Now he gets a few minutes now and again! The lad needs encouragement I believe he could turn out to be a very good left back!

Discuss!

He's a poor mans Michael Ball.

I think hes got good potential to be a class left back with the right guidance. Won't be your Clichy's or Evra's. But good squad player for a top 4/6 team.

King-Elano said:
he once said in a interview he doesn't like tackling doesn't that say it all? I prefer him as a midfield player, chances are he'll be gone in the summer

I've read similar quotes from other full backs over the years - at least one a regular international who argued that full backs should avoid tackling at all costs as it's too chancy and instead should stay on their feet and concentrate on preventing crosses/passes.

Shame we seem to find left backs who agree with the no tackling but can't do the preventing crosses bit.

Garrido is a good backup and could be better than Bridge in the future, would definitely keep him.

If he trains hard on free kicks we could have a winner. Difference between a draw or loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.