Garrincha

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Garrinchas---Dog said:
Even Pele said of him "I want to be like him"
A truly great player.

Yeah, we want you to swap places with Garrincha, you erectile dysfunctional, Sir Bobby-loving tosser. Ask Charlton if he has any tickets for Istanbul!

have i missed something?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Garrinchas---Dog said:
Even Pele said of him "I want to be like him"
A truly great player.

Yeah, we want you to swap places with Garrincha, you erectile dysfunctional, Sir Bobby-loving tosser. Ask Charlton if he has any tickets for Istanbul!
Shit! What's the beef with you two? Tell me, tell me. FIGHT, FIGHT.

forevercity said:
http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/sean/garrincha.html

seems like the brazilian gazza

think im going to buy his book, not only is he one of the greatest players, he seems to have had a drama filled life outside football

The book is a great read (think its called Little Bird). Amazing life story, he was a proper jack the lad and what a player.

I don't want to come across as a pratt but because this was way before my time i don't really know.

Why do the defenders back in the days always look a bag of wank? even when i've seen some old City footage im amazed by the lack of actual tackles on players. Players just seem to stand and watch, rather than actually tackle?

Random thought of the day brought on by watching that youtube video, questioning the dodgy defenders that probably worked down t'mine during the week.

Hamann Pineapple said:
The first player to truly feed the goat !

PMSL!!

I haven't read this but my other half has - last year sat on the beach - all you could was him sniggering throughout the book. For anyone who hasn't read this book - just read the inside cover (I think it was) very fuuny - I'll post if I can find the book

Awesome player, probably the best dribbler of all time !!

George Best's life story has nothing on this lad ... read the book highly recommended. Even his funeral caused chaos !!

He is also possibly Bertie's dad !! ;-)

once read a fantastic book about the history of the brazillian game called futebol! (can't remember who wrote it as some fecker lent it off me and never gave it back) the author reckoned if you asked any brazillian who their best ever player was, not one of them would say pele. pele was called the king (el rey) but garrincha was called the joy of the people. how good do you have to be to get a nickname like that?

peahead said:
once read a fantastic book about the history of the brazillian game called futebol! (can't remember who wrote it as some fecker lent it off me and never gave it back) the author reckoned if you asked any brazillian who their best ever player was, not one of them would say pele. pele was called the king (el rey) but garrincha was called the joy of the people. how good do you have to be to get a nickname like that?

I've heard exactly the same .... they see Garrincha as their best ever player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.