Garry Cook Speaks.

moomba said:
A few things fairly obvious with this latest round of PR.

The owners arent ones for the kneejerk reaction, shouldnt surprise anyone really

They owners aren't falling for this "we are doing as well as we could be given the circumstances" nonsense that seems to be spouted on a regular basis on here.

The owners won't back Hughes forever, and if results continue to be poor they won't waste any time making a change. The way it should be.

Not particularly happy about the comments on Jo, it seems that there are a few at the club that never wanted him and were never prepared to give him a chance.

Well summised Moomba and they also know Cook has placed a lot of faith in Hughes as the one to move us forward in the " new era ".

I suspect both their jobs are on the line if we do not get a better set of results in the premiership sooner rather than later.

Hughes immediate reaction to our loss last Saturday was a clear sign of a man starting to feel pressure he has not been used to in the past.

Managing City is one of the toughest gigs going around.

mancity1 said:
moomba said:
A few things fairly obvious with this latest round of PR.

The owners arent ones for the kneejerk reaction, shouldnt surprise anyone really

They owners aren't falling for this "we are doing as well as we could be given the circumstances" nonsense that seems to be spouted on a regular basis on here.

The owners won't back Hughes forever, and if results continue to be poor they won't waste any time making a change. The way it should be.

Not particularly happy about the comments on Jo, it seems that there are a few at the club that never wanted him and were never prepared to give him a chance.

Well summised Moomba and they also know Cook has placed a lot of faith in Hughes as the one to move us forward in the " new era ".

I suspect both their jobs are on the line if we do not get a better set of results in the premiership sooner rather than later.

Hughes immediate reaction to our loss last Saturday was a clear sign of a man starting to feel pressure he has not been used to in the past.

Managing City is one of the toughest gigs going around.

I too agree and think that Hughes is using Jo as a scapegoat for his failings. Personally this appears to me to be part of the final nails in the Hughes coffin and another poor result such as WBA on saturday will be final straw for me and more evidently. I hate to say this but you can almost feel the pressure and those HUGHES OUT !!!! banners being made right now.

scorer said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I think the results dont go great and IF we then lose at Blackburn and there would be no turning back

But many will still say... give him time FFS he won manager of the month in October 2007 all the anti Hughes brigade are being knee jerk and stupid!

Not as many as you think scorer , results tell in the end.

If we had a run like Hughes has had under Sven this season he would already be out the door with little sympathy from anyone.

[quote="mancity1
Hughes keeps taking about our lack of quality in general and that Janiary will be our chance to address those problems but to me I would rather he focus on what he has and get far more out of waht he has now that expect January to come to his rescue./quote]

Correct. He has a squad that finished ninth last season plus new players for £80 million.

mancity1 said:
scorer said:
But many will still say... give him time FFS he won manager of the month in October 2007 all the anti Hughes brigade are being knee jerk and stupid!

Not as many as you think scorer , results tell in the end.

If we had a run like Hughes has had under Sven this season he would already be out the door with little sympathy from anyone.

I have to say normally I think firing a manager mid-season is a really bad idea, but after looking at the team over the last few games we are in real trouble and Hughes better wake up and smell the coffee TODAY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.