Garry Cook Speaks.

mancity1 said:
moodyblue said:
The guy certainly knows how to word things, he talks the talk and hopefully will be here for a long time, with Hughes of course!

Talk is cheap moodyblue, results are what really talks.

He is gone out of his way to say under Hughes we will be successful and by all accounts his appointment was largely his doing.

I wonder what he will be saying if we don't start winning a few games on the trot over the Christmas /New Year period.

As I said before if Hughes goes he won't be far behind so we of course want the team to start to improve and quickly at that and I assume that is shared by Hughes and Cook as well.

The next four games in the premiership along with the Cup Tie should tell the tale as only die hard scrappers with premiership experience in struggling sides are best equipped to get you out of a relegation scrap.

And in my opinion, Hughes will bring in some of these scrappers in the transfer window who are willing to fight for a place and have a bit about them! Only time will tell though!

im willing to give him time, i will judge him at the end of next summers transfer window

but mark:

a) Play for fecking decent football, not hoofing it up the pitch

b) Despite you shite people skills, try and build up fragile players confidence, dont just add to the loss of confidence

c) NEVER NEVER NEVER play vassell again

forevercity said:
im willing to give him time, i will judge him at the end of next summers transfer window

but mark:

a) Play for fecking decent football, not hoofing it up the pitch

b) Despite you shite people skills, try and build up fragile players confidence, dont just add to the loss of confidence

c) NEVER NEVER NEVER play vassell again

Time waits for no one forevercity , unless we can put some decent space between us and the bottom three by the end of January its curtains for Hughes.

I see Jo has been hung out to dry. This will be a big boost to his confidence. Next time he is on the pitch Hughes and Cook will join in with the fans in booing him. Way to go with nurturing a talent in his first season. Starting to dislike Cook more than I dislike Hughes. Pompous cock.

BobKowalski said:
I see Jo has been hung out to dry. This will be a big boost to his confidence. Next time he is on the pitch Hughes and Cook will join in with the fans in booing him. Way to go with nurturing a talent in his first season. Starting to dislike Cook more than I dislike Hughes. Pompous cock.

As it appears Cook had little knowledge or little involvement of the sale of the club from Frank to the Newboys but had a fair bit to do with appointing Hughes he hasn't exactly set the world alight so far.

Makes me think how he would fare if he had the kind of budget that AM worked under.

As ludicrous as it sounds he may have to rely on some cheap scrappers bought in the January window to keep him in the same job next season.

Anyone read the MEN article with Colin Bell....? seems pretty impressed with Cook and what's going on..

I think Hughes will be given until the end of the season,he said in Oct that " we have a run of games where we expect to pick up points " but we didnt.
and he is saying the same again now.

now he is also saying that " historically his teams are stronger in the second half of the season "

if this proves rubbish i think the owners will get rid.

For "we want young players greaking into the international scene", I think we can interpret as - the speculation about Diarra is correct.

BobKowalski said:
Cook didn't once mention or refer to Jo in that interview.

Cook said something positive (i.e. Hughes has full control over transfers), the journalist decides to turn it into a negative by adding his own bullshit interpretation as a filler, and you fall for hook, line and sinker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.