Garry Cook. Talksport guest of Keys & Gray.

I liked Cook. But then again, long story short, I ended up with his family tickets to the 2011 Derby Semi at wembly. Never met the man, but his wife dropped them at the hotel in london and rang me to ask how the match was. Lovely woman and from what I heard from his family he is also a stand up bloke. So I may be a bit biased.

Re: Garry Cook. Talksport guest of Keys & Gray.

moomba said:
bobmcfc said:
Danielmanc said:
Cheers - corrected
Yes but now you've done that someone will say its wrong. There are some on this forum that hated Cook with a passion and were very happy when he cocked up with the onuoha email. It was sad that it cost him his job, it was a stupid thing to do but not really something that should have resulted in his removal IMO

IMO sending the email wasn't something that would have or should have resulted in his removal.

But his games after the email certainly was.

+1

You can't have your CEO telling lies and being caught telling lies.

Very poor judgement all round on his part and definitely a sacking offence, when the email itself probably was not.

FantasyIreland said:
Did he have an opinion on Mancinis tenure? past,present and future?
He said that Mancini was determined, ruthless and a winner that was distraught when we had lost or played poorly. Went on to say that he also realised it was a results business and no one is safe in management. Also said that kaldoun was very strong on planning and even when things hadn't gone great or targets not achieved at least everyone was working toward the same plan. Didnt hear everything but what i did hear was very interesting.

Lythamblue said:
FantasyIreland said:
He said that Mancini was determined, ruthless and a winner that was distraught when we had lost or played poorly. Went on to say that he also realised it was a results business and no one is safe in management. Also said that kaldoun was very strong on planning and even when things hadn't gone great or targets not achieved at least everyone was working toward the same plan. Didnt hear everything but what i did hear was very interesting.

Thanks,Mancini certainly has the winners mentality,just a shame he's lacking the managerial ability.

FantasyIreland said:
Lythamblue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Thanks,Mancini certainly has the winners mentality,just a shame he's lacking the managerial ability.

Lacking managerial ability? Really? Even if you don't think he's a good manager (which you would be wrong about) to say he lacks managerial ability smacks of bitterness. You need to let it go mate, it's not healthy having such a dislike for a City manager - especially one that isn't Alan Ball..

Listened to the interview today, he came across really well and seemed nothing like the person I remember or the person the media seemed to portray. Very intelligent and quick witted and those two jobs couldn't catch him out. He seemed really positive about city and spoke so well about the owners, shame the way things ended.

Its Keys (12 tins on vinyl matt £7.99 each at wickes) and grey now! Funny as fuck listenin to Keys have to spout that every morning, he must hate it. He grows another long black hair on his back every time he mentions wickes!

I thought the Cook interview on Keys and Gray was a waste of time.

He was fed bland questions and he gave bland answers.

But he's obviously a clever bloke, and even if he'd been asked difficult questions he'd have been able to cope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.