Garry Cooke, is he good enough??

FFS it's a bit sad when we're criticising the chief executive or whatever he is. My guess is that most of you have no idea what his job entails

It's not like City fans to have a good old knee-jerk reaction. The odds of signing first Ronaldinho (without the Arabs) and second, the best and most expensive football player in the world (with the Arabs), were slim at best, to be fair to the man.

I'm not desperately groping for a silver lining and I am gutted he didn't come, but considering we've not paid out a penny during the whole negotiations the PR from the rumour mill has been invaluable. City ARE now a global brand and if this did nothing else it might stop people calling United, 'Manchester'. Job done!

The fact that we tried to sign Kaka is amazing in itself. I'm disappointed that it fell through, but if anyone seriously believes Cook turned up without having a contract drafted, they are deluded.

Let's just see what happens in the rest of the window. I would be surprised if the board don't have a contingency plan. In a couple of weeks we could be talking about another brilliant player signing for us.

Robbo. said:
Fucked up Ronaldiniho and now Kaka, Kaka wanted to sign but City wanted more time.

Cooke imo is making us look stupid twats.

Source?

Re: Garry Cook, is he good enough??

he doesn't know football, that's for sure... some of his commercial ideas were ranked as non-starters by experienced football analysts & business strategists (and don't need that much noddle to see why).

as for his time at Nike, who knows if he's simply an 'arm-waver' as some would coin it, or whether he really has substance. I think he did produce over there though, but as a Brit in the USA, I could tell you a few stories.

wasn't it Toxin who brought him in to peddle City around to his contacts once he knew he was in trouble and wanted to get out?

Re: Garry Cook, is he good enough??

MCFCinUSA said:
he doesn't know football, that's for sure... some of his commercial ideas were ranked as non-starters by experienced football analysts & business strategists (and don't need that much noddle to see why).

as for his time at Nike, who knows if he's simply an 'arm-waver' as some would coin it, or whether he really has substance. I think he did produce over there though, but as a Brit in the USA, I could tell you a few stories.

wasn't it Toxin who brought him in to peddle City around to his contacts once he knew he was in trouble and wanted to get out?

Yes, being an expert in one field doesn't always transfer to another field. I posted elsewhere that the owner may not be pleased with the outcome and negative publicity.

I expext Garry Cook's position will be under review from now on. Time will tell.

old Cook can get fucked! He can't for the life of him understand fan power, sentiment and that people can interrupt a business deal... love it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.