Gary Medel

Thaksinssoldier

Someone mentioned him in another thread and was laughed at, but I'd snap him up.

Would be ideal in midfield rotation and is another DeJong but far more mobile, which we lacked in Europe.

Dominated our middle in the first game.

No doubt on the market, and he'll move upwards. Can see Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and United taking a look at him.

Not a first choice player, but would be a great option from the bench or in games where teams think they can kick lumps out of us.

It looks 90% sure were going to sign Fernando, who looks right up there in the best destructive midfield players around at the minute, so why would we entertain the idea of Medel?

I know him from a long time, when he started playing in Universidad Católica. Then he moved to Boca Juniors, Sevilla and later Cardiff.

The guy is one of the best chilean players both in central defense (as used by Bielsa and Sampaoli in Chile's national team) and central midfield as he did in all this clubs. Its short height its compensated by a powerfull tackle, nice passing skills, overall well read of the game and a big winning heart. He doesn't give any ball as lost.

Over this, he's got a big pair of balls (huevos, cojones, as you like). The most similar player to Medel I can think of it's Gattuso, although I think Medel its more attacking football suited.

I will take him as a defender not DM.

He has pace, power and a good technique.

2j5jfq0.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.