Gary Numan

paphos-mcfc

Just going through some of his old stuff and didn't realise how ahead of the time he was. A legend in his own right. Inspired many a musician no doubt.

Absolutely Paphos, the list of people and styles of music he influenced is pretty impressive to say the least, including early 'hip-hip'.

Was only at the Academy a few weeks ago watching his 'Splinter' tour, brilliant.

Anybody else fear the worst when they saw the thread title? I thought for an awful moment that he'd gone to be with Phil Collins.

Got to agree. When people speak about influential artists, this bloke is never mentioned, probably because it just isn't hip to like him.

Good with his fans as well, that good he even married one of them!

Bought Living Ornaments live album and thought it was amazing at the time.

Think still have the LP at home somewhere

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Anybody else fear the worst when they saw the thread title? I thought for an awful moment that he'd gone to be with Phil Collins.

whereas i thought operation yewtree

glad we were both wrong

Have all of his early stuff and a couple of his recent albums which are a heady mix of rock, goth and keyboards.

Saw him in concert 2 years ago and it was fucking brilliant. His old stuff done with guitars is fantastic.

Telekon is my favourite album.

pirate said:
Uncle Wally One Ball said:

whereas i thought operation yewtree

glad we were both wrong
RIP paedo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.