General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour all day long. JC is the change the country needs but unfortunately cos he can't be bought certain sections of the media will continue to discredit him and produce more lies to make sure they continue to reap the rewards of a Conservative government.

Fucking sad state when the media sway opinion.
Why is he the "change the country needs"? I keep hearing this, but haven't seen any evidence other than him saying he'll do things differently.

Which is not what anyone has been stating in this thread.

Plenty have been labelling all Tories as cunts and/or selfish cunts though.

But that's fine isn't it.

not plenty just me.

Based upon how the Tory party rhetoric labels those on welfare lazy and feckless and their actions when in power (at any point in my 47 years on this earth) appear to support this view by punishing those who claim welfare, limiting their education and access to healthcare.
I happen to believe if you keep voting for a party that does this it makes you a selfish ****.
I could and probably should have moderated my language and and left out the C bomb, but selfish is what Tory supporters appear to be.

All of which receive more cash now than ever.

Hasn't the investment in public services always been higher than it previously was?

I would have thought so. As this is due to the cost of materials, wages, suppliers, rates, energy costs etc. But it doesn't actually solve any of the problems - i.e they need to invest records amounts, just to keep still. Now, that could be due to inefficiency, waste or that the needs of the population is growing aster than they can put money in. I would suggest that it a mixture of the lot

The country needs a debate about public services, but we will never have a decent progressive debate. Labour are anti privatisation and the Tories are anti-NHS. They are poles apart in their ideology

What is clear, is that spending might be at an all time high but it is not enough and a lot of people in the country are suffering. It is a shame that both main parties don't put their heads together and try to sort it out

In 100 years, I wonder how people will look back on us

I never said the high earners were greedy selfish bastards.
I said the Tories were.
I never said that anyone should be shot.
In fact I made no mention in my original post about high earners at all. It was about the Tory attitude to the poor.

I only mentioned high earners because it was claimed they pay more than 50% in tax because they dont and I thought that needed correcting

Fine, but the funding of the poor is by others. There is a growing trend in the uk that the state needs to sort out people's problems, be it housing money etc. The " I have not got a big enough house or enough benefits to live nicely" is some how the governments responsibility. It's not. Corbyn represents these people not people who work hard, whatever their salary.

Those who have real issues and problems should be supported, but unfortunately there are plenty of people who just want the government to give them cash and contribute the fuck all to society.

Fine, but the funding of the poor is by others. There is a growing trend in the uk that the state needs to sort out people's problems, be it housing money etc. The " I have not got a big enough house or enough benefits to live nicely" is some how the governments responsibility. It's not. Corbyn represents these people not people who work hard, whatever their salary.

Those who have real issues and problems should be supported, but unfortunately there are plenty of people who just want the government to give them cash and contribute the fuck all to society.

Well some of the problems were caused by the state and therefore really should be sorted by the state.
For example housing.
We have a shortage and rental costs are too high.
Caused in a large part by the Government decision in the 1980's to sell off council houses and not replace them. Successive governments have failed to address the issue. Government policy caused the issue, therefore the surely we should look to the government to fund a solution.

and your last bit reinforces what I have been saying about the basis of the debate and the Tories view of those who claim welfare.
"Those who have real issues and problems should be supported, but unfortunately there are plenty of people who just want the government to give them cash and contribute the fuck all to society."
Isnt that just another way of saying the majority of those on welfare are lazy and feckless?

Well some of the problems were caused by the state and therefore really should be sorted by the state.
For example housing.
We have a shortage and rental costs are too high.
Caused in a large part by the Government decision in the 1980's to sell off council houses and not replace them. Successive governments have failed to address the issue. Government policy caused the issue, therefore the surely we should look to the government to fund a solution.

and your last bit reinforces what I have been saying about the basis of the debate and the Tories view of those who claim welfare.
"Those who have real issues and problems should be supported, but unfortunately there are plenty of people who just want the government to give them cash and contribute the fuck all to society."
Isnt that just another way of saying the majority of those on welfare are lazy and feckless?

No it's a way of saying some are.

Yes plenty. Atleast six people on the thread and related threads since the election was called. And that's a very conservative estimate.

intentional pun? cos I like it

having not seen those other posts I cant really comment on them.

I am am hoewever more than willing to discuss my views and posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.