General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For clarity, I have never voted Tory - I am 34

May has everything to lose and very little to gain. If you were her would you go on a platform and essentially validate parties such as the SNP and Lib Dems when all they will bang on about is independence and overturning the Brexit vote, respectively?

Also, there is a potential argument to say that debates are logistically difficult. 3 debates in 6 weeks. Where they have to prepare, rehearse, debrief as well as other election commitments

How are the SNP doing in Scotland? in terms of actually running the country, I genuinely have no idea other than what I hear through the right wing media' and PMQs

Magic pole is a clueless troll. He thinks that just because the vast majority of the uk see Sturgeon and her hate filled retoric as an irrelevance we all vote Tory.

Very seldom read an article from the guardian as it is too right wing for me, but what cannot be denied is that the tax revenue is not as it would be if all these great new jobs were actually really, the waiting lists for housing and the NHS are higher than they were before the tories came to power, public transport infrastructure isn't fit for purpose, education is failing future generations & the police, prisons & public services in general are in a very bad state.
The next 7 weeks will be VERY INTERESTING.
In simplistic terms the population is rising, we are living longer and the revenue that is being raised in taxes isn't enough hence the problems. If as a business you require £1,000 p.w. to break even but you are only taking £750 p.w then something has to give or you borrow to make up the difference and then end up paying back more than you borrow. It doesn't help that many big corporations avoid paying the tax they should and millions are being siphoned off by people conning the system. By all means work hard, earn a fortune etc but pay your dues. Equally if you qualify for benefits then fine, if you don't then tough.

Its frustrating that interviewers always take sturgeon on on her own terms ( independence and brexit) instead if challenging her about the shit job the SNP is doing running Scotland. I'd laugh, but it'll be our taxes used to bail their public services out of the mire.

Andrew Neil destroyed her in an interview last year by not refusing to let her just sit back and blame the uk government for all the SNP problems. It was cringe worthy and embarrasing for the SNP. But all too often interviewers let her rant away.

I prefer to call him a Scottish Nationalist ****, as all Scot Nat's are.

I presume I'm allowed to do that as he's referred to Tories as the same.

Yoh can add that in if you choose. I just prefer to call him what he clearly is a clueless gutless troll and a wind up merchant.

That looks like a child's Christmas list - is there any substance or means of paying for all that?
If you read it properly you'll see some bits about reversing tax cuts and getting companies to pay what they owe in tax. That might be a clue. Plus as debt is still rising yet we're getting less and less for that, it may as well rise and we get some benefit from it.

I prefer to call him a Scottish Nationalist ****, as all Scot Nat's are.

I presume I'm allowed to do that as he's referred to Tories as the same.

Feel free, but I was actually referring to May being a ****. Not all who vote Tory.

If you read it properly you'll see some bits about reversing tax cuts and getting companies to pay what they owe in tax. That might be a clue. Plus as debt is still rising yet we're getting less and less for that, it may as well rise and we get some benefit from it.
Careful PB, you'll undo all Mr Murdoch's good work with your mad ideas ;-)

She'll be PM without a shadow of a doubt but a TV debate is the one forum where you get to see party leaders together and, while they're armed with soundbites, also have to think on their feet. Sturgeon and Clegg both hugely enhanced their political careers by their performances in televised debates.
Yep. It's handy for the small parties.

There's nothing to gain for May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.