General transfer rumours

They spending money. Someone is on the move. Bet Ndidi gets a top move - Arsenal were linked, but I think he's probably good enough for us these days. Doubles up as CB. Very Pep.
Ricardo Pereira is a Mendes client and they have too many fullbacks with Bertrand joining. Soyuncu is always handy for a sale and Maddison was also linked to Arsenal, there's also Tielemans and Barnes on people's radars.

They spending money. Someone is on the move. Bet Ndidi gets a top move - Arsenal were linked, but I think he's probably good enough for us these days. Doubles up as CB. Very Pep.
He’s nowhere near good enough with the ball to play for us imo, miles off. Could actually see him somewhere like united who don’t mind a technically limited destroyer in there but not us

Patson Daka has joined Leicester. Wonder if this means Vardy will be slowly eased out, Kelechi ended the season as very much their main man up front

We should have gone after him. The pressing way Salzburg plays, he wouldn’t have trouble adapting to our style

We should have gone after him. The pressing way Salzburg plays, he wouldn’t have trouble adapting to our style

Good player no doubt. We were linked towards the end of the season.

I haven't checked all the way to conclusively say this, but from what I saw, he looked like he wouldn't get a work permit to play for us.

Good player no doubt. We were linked towards the end of the season.

I haven't checked all the way to conclusively say this, but from what I saw, he looked like he wouldn't get a work permit to play for us.
But he did for Leicester?! What’s the difference??

It's to do with a number of factors including where they come in the wage structure, cost in comparison to the rest of the squad. So basically the importance to their team
That's why Villa got Douglas Luiz when we were refused. He was seen as 'back up' at City whereas first choice at Villa.

It's to do with a number of factors including where they come in the wage structure, cost in comparison to the rest of the squad. So basically the importance to their team
That's why Villa got Douglas Luiz when we were refused. He was seen as 'back up' at City whereas first choice at Villa.
This has nothing to do with a work permit, right?
If we got him, he would be our striker, so hard to say he would be less important here than at Leicester

Without going into the detailed complexity of it, there is a difference.

Briefly, for players under that category, it is a points system, and the biggest one is the player's wage relative to the average wage at the club to scores points. A player needs to be in the top earners percentage. Our wage average is much higher than Leicester's so he would need to be paid a lot lot more to qualify, in line with the top earners at the club. There are a few other criteria too, but that is the main one.

This is why Douglas Luiz couldn't get a work permit to play for Manchester City, but could for Aston Villa, in the same league and country. From my brief look at it early on when we were linked, it looked to me like the exact same scenario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.