General transfer rumours

Danny Ings and Ben White and good players. How did Danny Ings in particular get labelled by City fans as bang average?
Ben Bland is average, Ings is a very good player but also a player that misses a lot of football with injury.

Let's see how many games Ings plays this season.

37m that's a lot of cash, We sell far too cheap and we often buy expensive.
Right but I don't see what difference it would make. We sell depending on the offer we have on the table, we can't magic up offers that don't exist.

I don't think we buy expensive at all but its all opinions.

Right but I don't see what difference it would make. We sell depending on the offer we have on the table, we can't magic up offers that don't exist.

Dan James is about to go to Leeds for £25m.

The one player in the league who is most famous for being shite- £25m.

That's going to completely destroy the market. Compared to that, we don't buy expensive at all.

It does make you wonder why we didn't get at least £40m for Jack Harrison though.

It depends on whether you consider getting a top price for outgoing players or building a trophy winning squad is the most important part of his job I guess.

When Pep spends the whole summer saying we can't afford a striker and that turns out to be true, the two become heavily interlocked.

That's going to completely destroy the market. Compared to that, we don't buy expensive at all.

It does make you wonder why we didn't get at least £40m for Jack Harrison though.
Well more fool Leeds for paying it. Hopefully they use that money to bid for Herrera.

Harrison already had an agreed price in that loan deal. I know some on here think we could have sold him for 40m but there was clearly no other takers on the market. Unless you think we sell cheap on purpose...

Because we under value our players in my opinion, talk of the likes of Bernardo and Laporte having 60m price tags an example.

Because we under value our players in my opinion, talk of the likes of Bernardo and Laporte having 60m price tags an example.
Well, if we had sold both of them for 60m it would have been a profit on both which considering they have given us years of good service is good deal imo.

Whose fault was that? We loaned him out three years in a row so obviously they were going to try and get a permanent deal at some point.
What do you mean? we have turned someone who cost us nothing into probably 15m (transfer inc loan fees) which is decent imo. I don't think its possible to sit and compare two players just based on fees alone. There is loads of variables.

We might have got more for Harrison if he had been touted around the market by the club/his agent but it was clear that he wanted to be at Leeds where he had already been on loan since 2018. From that perspective the £13M fee received seems decent.

Getting so little for Tosin was a surprise but the transfer included a 20% sell-on fee which could make it a decent deal although if Fulham carry on as they have started in the Championship he will be back in the Prem next year and so may not move before the sell-on clause expires.

We're a wellrun shop with good contacts with suppliers around the world and good relationships with our customers and we are comparing that to someone who has just ripped off someone on Facebook marketplace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.