General transfer rumours

Just a reminder Villa last summer brought in Ings, Buendia and Bailey for around 100M and no doubt huge wages.

Plenty of ambition but if you don't have plan what to do with signings then it's worthless.
Then finished below Newcastle lol

Not sure how Gerrard has done it but he’s hoodwinked the villa board into signing off anyone he’s recommending but fair play to him.

Always thought of Carlos as a clumsy Otamendi. Lump on him having the worst disciplinary record in the league next season.

The more Villa spend on foreign imports, the less likely they are to spunk money on a Liverpool reject for double what they're worth.
Seemed like a red card waiting to happen when I saw him in the Europa League.

Not really the right place but here we go ;)
after holding the league RCD Mallorca
had the obligation to sign Pablo Maffeo
on a permanent after loan from Stuttgart.

City get 25% sell on fee of the €3m transfer.
(Are €750k enough to finance our parade?...)

We sold him for €9m to Stuttgart back then...

I started to watch Carlos when we were linked and really tried to look for the plus points. However hard I looked I just saw continual mistakes and mistimed tackles. Good luck to Villa (albeit at a third of the price we were, allegedly, being quoted).

Newcastle with strong links to Moussa Diaby and Lucas Paqueta. Won’t be all that long before they are competing at the top end. Their transfer targets are far too astute for them to fail long term.

I started to watch Carlos when we were linked and really tried to look for the plus points. However hard I looked I just saw continual mistakes and mistimed tackles. Good luck to Villa (albeit at a third of the price we were, allegedly, being quoted).
Carlos at Sevilla has similar level of performance than Dias at Benfica

I still cant believe that Newcastle didnt go back for Carlos.. hes the quickest way to be able to stand higher if Eddie Howe wanted to do that, cos they will never able to stand very high with the backline they got now. Yeah he makes a couple of mistakes but often makes up for it by his other qualities.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.