General transfer rumours

Would be a good move for foden. We know he’s got all the talent time to see what he’s got between the ears. A full season playing against men in a mainly ‘rough em up’ league will do home good.

Patrick Roberts go slated for going to Celtic yet we want to send players out to the Championship? Sounds very unlikely to me. I could see it in January if we are out of Champions League. I believe even with Jorginho and Mahrez we'd need Diaz and Foden.

Patrick Roberts go slated for going to Celtic yet we want to send players out to the Championship? Sounds very unlikely to me. I could see it in January if we are out of Champions League. I believe even with Jorginho and Mahrez we'd need Diaz and Foden.
If the rumors are true then we are opening a homegrown spot for someone..

If the rumors are true then we are opening a homegrown spot for someone..

Sorry, you'll have to explain this one to me. Who are we opening up a homegrown spot for?

Also Foden doesn't take up a HG spot as he's u21, only Delph, Stones, Sterling and Walker do.

Patrick Roberts got slated for going to Celtic yet we want to send players out to the Championship? Sounds very unlikely to me. I could see it in January if we are out of Champions League. I believe even with Jorginho and Mahrez we'd need Diaz and Foden.

Roberts got slated for returning after already spending 18 moths there a tad different.
I think it sounds a great deal on paper but whats the chances of Beilsa still being there come September?

Would be a good move for foden. We know he’s got all the talent time to see what he’s got between the ears. A full season playing against men in a mainly ‘rough em up’ league will do home good.
Sad, in a way though, as he was the one fringe player thought most likely to make the breakthrough, (into the senior team), first.

That being said, his full debut (CL) game against shakhtar, here at the Etihad last season, did, in my opinion, rather pass him by due to the oppositions greater experience, pace & strength, so I guess, as you say, regular games in a more physical league, next season, (playing under a coach that Pep very much admires & respects) could, hopefully, bring on his game no end.

Always providing, of course, that a young kid, of his age & build, will be capable of standing up to the rigorous amount of physical punishment he’s gonna undoubtedly get, week in week out in championship football (which, if I’m honest, I have very strong doubts about).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.