General UFC thread

boxing is a farce, at least UFC is pretty much the promotion (yes, I know there are others, but it's nowhere near the farce level of boxing). That being said, as a very casual fan, Lesnar on his own isn't enough to keep me up to watch it live.
I must admit i am kind of upset that the UFC has monopolised MMA but in fairness they carried the sport. I'll probably watch tonights ultimate fighter finale so ill be up anyway for tomorrows 200 but i would not pay PPV for it. Ive always found it strange that we get it for free whereas the yanks pay ridiculous money for PPV.

I don't get the Lesnar hate either. He's pretty limited as a fighter but he's historically the biggest PPV draw for UFC. Clearly a lot of people are interested in seeing him fight.

I don't get the Lesnar hate either. He's pretty limited as a fighter but he's historically the biggest PPV draw for UFC. Clearly a lot of people are interested in seeing him fight.

Possibly because fight snobs saw he used to be in wwe and that may not sit well with them. I am a casual fan so don't know the in's and out's of it all really.

Possibly because fight snobs saw he used to be in wwe and that may not sit well with them. I am a casual fan so don't know the in's and out's of it all really.

Yeah, I think you're right. Not really much of a WWE fan but you can certainly argue that the entertainment element of their stuff is something UFC are happy to incorporate into their own product, hence Lesnar's popularity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.