General UFC thread

I bloody love Tom Aspinall, such a great bloke and really jealous of the relationship he has with his father. Think I was more nervous than him for that fight but he has balls like King Kong. What an example to all 'fighting men' on backing yourself. Will be remembered more fondly than any of our numerous boxing world champions we've had in recent years on that fight alone. Probably the only bloke alive the scary Russians are frightened of.

Nice to see Jon Jones giving credit to Aspinall, and to Aspinall calling for a Jones fight; that would be something. I feel that Tom would just be too big and powerful but Jones has other-wordly skills and has always found a way to win. Either way, you'd just have to stay up to watch that one.

Nice to see Jon Jones giving credit to Aspinall, and to Aspinall calling for a Jones fight; that would be something. I feel that Tom would just be too big and powerful but Jones has other-wordly skills and has always found a way to win. Either way, you'd just have to stay up to watch that one.
If it happens, there is a good chance it will be in the UK , so we won't have to stay up ;)

New Heavyweight rankings are out, Tom Aspinall is No.1 Jon Jones is No.2 !!
So the interim champion is ranked above the actual champion, who will be out for a year

I bloody love Tom Aspinall, such a great bloke and really jealous of the relationship he has with his father. Think I was more nervous than him for that fight but he has balls like King Kong. What an example to all 'fighting men' on backing yourself. Will be remembered more fondly than any of our numerous boxing world champions we've had in recent years on that fight alone. Probably the only bloke alive the scary Russians are frightened of.
The world is now waking up to Tom, and his particular set of skills!
imagine taking on that fight with 2 weeks notice, & with a bad back, then blitzing Pavlovich in 69 seconds!
Trains with the Fury’s so his boxing is up there, a black belt in ju-jitsu, he even teaches it, and his speed is unmatched in the heavyweight division, watch his previous fights, & you’ll see that WTF moment in his opponent’s eyes when they experience that speed.
So refreshing that he doesn’t go in for trash talking his opponents, & is open and honest about being scared before fights, top sense of humour too!

imagine taking on that fight with 2 weeks notice, & with a bad back, then blitzing Pavlovich in 69 seconds!
Trains with the Fury’s so his boxing is up there, a black belt in ju-jitsu, he even teaches it, and his speed is unmatched in the heavyweight division, watch his previous fights, & you’ll see that WTF moment in his opponent’s eyes when they experience that speed.
So refreshing that he doesn’t go in for trash talking his opponents, & is open and honest about being scared before fights, top sense of humour too!
The only downside being he took the Belt round the Swamp shortly after winning it

Yeah, I've watched a fair bit of him already so it didn't surprise me. Only reservations were the non-existent training camp he had (as we didn't know about the injury until afterwards). Always gravitate to people like that. They don't need to chat shit.

Remember John Fury a while back say he thought he could be a boxing World Champion if he wanted to go back to it as he was that good. After Ngannou's performance against Tyson then maybe there's merit in that opinion. Gave up boxing as he found it too boring and didn't like all the politics. Think as a boxing fan we can all relate to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.