General UFC thread

Mcgregor is nothing more than a relentlessly self promoting freakshow, he doesnt deserve the spotlight he gets.
I watched the pre-fight conferences with McGregor and Khabib, yesterday, and (hype apart) he behaved liked an absolute idiot. As Khabib said, once you start talking about a person's family, you have lost the plot. My family is well aware of McGregor's partying in Liverpool and I wonder if the lifestyle affected him mentally.

Mcgregor is nothing more than a relentlessly self promoting freakshow, he doesnt deserve the spotlight he gets.
Lets not let his antics in recent years take away the service he has done for the UFC, he will always be offered the top slot on a fight card because even after all of his inactivity he is still the biggest draw the UFC has by a landslide

Mcgregor isn't the best MMA fighter ever, but he was very good at his best. And, of course, his personality took him to another level. He promoted fights better than Ali, arguably. And got in his opponents' heads on a similar level to Ali.

When he fought Khabib, I felt he had already started letting the money get to his head. Not to say peak Conor beats peak Khabib (I don't believe that), but that wasn't the same Conor that rose to the top.

He hasn't been the same since. A classic case of a council estate kid who found himself with more money than he knew what to do with. Quite tragic to see his decline, actually. I really hope he brings it around, and recovers for the Chandler fight (which I expect him to lose).

As per others, Poatan-Jiri is a better fight. But McGregor fights have the feeling of a cultural event -- like the days when Tyson was fighting. I'll always feel some nostalgia for Mcgregor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.