General Videogame Thread

Probably PS5 for me. Said to drop to £400 in Nov 2021 making it more affordable and by then more choice in games. I'm personally waiting for Gran Turismo 7.

Am giving Jurassic World Evolution a go. It's free through Epic Games at the mo. Very good I must say if you like strategic sim games.

So what's the general consensus here so far? PS5 or Series X?
I've got a good PC so definitely a PS5 as all xbox exclusives to go on PC.

I want a PES but I don't want that monstrosity in my house. Its massive, white and asymmetrical. Will wait for slim version or refresh.

Ive got a duel sense controller for the PC and its good.
Hopefully soon their will be support for the haptic feedback and the triggers.

I never play with headphones and especially won't with this then lol
You should mate. You hear EVERYTHING - like the Alien scratching around in the vents above you.

200w.gif

So what's the general consensus here so far? PS5 or Series X?
PS5 for me also. They're both incredible pieces of hardware, but the fact that I can play 99% of my current PlayStation games on PS5, some promising improved graphical performance, all benefitting from an m.2 SSD, is a big factor.

But like others I'm waiting a while. It's an ugly monster, far too big and it looks a bastard to dust, and I am always now suspicious of launch consoles after the Xbox 360 and PS3 fiascos of a decade or so back.

Games-wise I don't see anything too much in terms of exclusives to swing it for the next generation so that may be less if a factor - Microsoft have invested heavily on acquiring studios over the past few years so won't be quite as obvious as with the current gen where PS4 had an incredible exclusive list for many years before they came to other platforms. I think the only Xbox exclusive I even looked at twice during it's lifespan was Forza Horizon 4. Aside from maybe the next Horizon Zero Dawn game I don't see anything I feel I really want to play on next gen just yet.

Well I switched to Xbox this time purely on Gamepass and it’s a bargain, Destiny 2, Forza, gear, halo and now overcooked 2 for my daughter, absolute bargain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.