General Videogame Thread

Anyone else ridiculously excited that Battlefield has gone to WW1? I love historical shooters where which gun you chose actually plays a huge part, on all these modern shooters every gun can rapid fire and kill anyone from 200 yards, kind of takes the choice out of it. COD4 was the nuts, but it really broke FPS's for a longtime with every game becoming just like it but worse, now they've even gone futuristic with robots and jumpacks and shit and I could not be less interested. I can't remember another World War 1 game, it's always either WW2 or modern/futuristic.

I haven't bought a FPS in a long while, but this looks like it will break that trend. Bolt action rifles ftw

The trailer looks great, looking forward to some bi-plane action and riding a horse.

I haven't played it yet, it's the one i've been leaning toward. Is it more than just looking at your beepy thing and then hiding in lockers though? is their a story etc?
Highly recommend. It's not over-the-top "horror". But there is a crafting system that doesn't feel gimmicky, great story, and feels gritty. It's more suspense than anything, but it managed to keep me uncomfortable all the time.

The Evil Within is quality imo. A lot like Resident Evil 4 with the deliberately restricted controls and ammo conservation that you need for a good horror game and some pretty unpleasant bosses that will kill you a lot. Don't know if other people liked it, but I really enjoyed it

I had this game, made it like 30mins in, then ended up selling it because I was a student and had to drink aha.. Might reinvest now seeing as it's only £10.

The trailer looks great, looking forward to some bi-plane action and riding a horse.
I'm normally not a fan of vehicles on shooters, they are usually just used by dickheads who want to boost their k/d ratios, but WW1 vehicles were so rubbish I think the balance will be pretty good. Bi planes sound great fun, can't wait to shoot some down

I had this game, made it like 30mins in, then ended up selling it because I was a student and had to drink aha.. Might reinvest now seeing as it's only £10.
I got it as a present, played it for about 30 minutes and got killed about 5 times by the first enemy. Got annoyed and put it away. Then about a year later I finally got around to giving it another go and really got into it. It's one of those games where you deliberately make it hard for yourself because you are so worried that you will need your good ammo for something worse to come (and you usually will!). i found it hugely tense tbh, always worrying about what was coming next and whether I had enough ammo to kill it

Any recommendations for games for my 8 year old son (xbox 360). Most games seem to be cert 18 which really limits what he can get. I’m not really into it myself so I would not know if any of these cert 18 games are actually ok. So is there anything worth getting that is not cert 18 or any games that are worth a look? Minecraft is doing my nut in!!

Any recommendations for games for my 8 year old son (xbox 360). Most games seem to be cert 18 which really limits what he can get. I’m not really into it myself so I would not know if any of these cert 18 games are actually ok. So is there anything worth getting that is not cert 18 or any games that are worth a look? Minecraft is doing my nut in!!
He may like it or he may hate it, but Viva Pinata is a fantastically well made game. They used to give it away free with Xbox360's so I imagine it's dirt cheap, but it's a very unique, well built game with lots to do. Whether or not he'd like it is kind of hard to say, but as games that could be played by young kids go it's very solid. There is also a very simply but incredibly enjoyable motorbike game called Trials that you can buy off the Xbox marketplace. Kids love it (and you'll probably end up giving it a go yourself it's that simple and fun)

Have a look at the lego series pal, there's quite a few of them. Disney Infinity is on offer as well I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.