General Videogame Thread

Yeah. Just started it on survival. Enjoying it so far. Desperately trying to remember where beds are so I can save!!

The beds are a pain,especially when you've progressed,got low health are exhausted and can't find one, die = time wasted.
Set up camp in sanctuary initially.
Get levelled up a bit.
Then get yourself to Diamond City,Hangman's alley is the best base,because its very central to everything.
Once you get the vertibird grenades you're golden.

The beds are a pain,especially when you've progressed,got low health are exhausted and can't find one, die = time wasted.
Set up camp in sanctuary initially.
Get levelled up a bit.
Then get yourself to Diamond City,Hangman's alley is the best base,because its very central to everything.
Once you get the vertibird grenades you're golden.
I've heard a few people suggest Hangman's Alley. Good idea. Looks like I'm going to need to be a bit smarter with my perk choices as well.

Unfortunately TW3 is the pinnacle IMO, it is literally the most perfectly crafted game that's ever been made.

If you're looking for a similar experience then I would say Skyrim, Fallout, RDR2 or one of the latter Assassin Creed games. All pretty massive, lots to do on the side and they'll keep you busy for a pretty long time.
Tried on ps4. Couldn’t get into it. Tried again on PC and same. I don’t know what It is because there is nothing wrong with the game. I guess I’ll try again some day.

TW3 by the way

I always went with the lone wanderer perks and emphasis on damage output.
Intelligence or Luck based.
Lone Wanderer is ace. Especially as it still works with Dogmeat as your companion. Saw on the F4 reddit thread that Idiot Savant is a decent choice for survival as you can level up far faster.

Lone Wanderer is ace. Especially as it still works with Dogmeat as your companion. Saw on the F4 reddit thread that Idiot Savant is a decent choice for survival as you can level up far faster.

Yeah its OK if it triggers when you cash in an important mission.
If you look at idiot savant the first perk point or two are OK, then it's diminishing returns,the %of it triggering doesn't go up too much.
I found going high intelligence to be consistent in getting levelled up quick.
That said,if you're doing a character build based on Vats,putting lots of points into luck is the way to go.

Yeah its OK if it triggers when you cash in an important mission.
If you look at idiot savant the first perk point or two are OK, then it's diminishing returns,the %of it triggering doesn't go up too much.
I found going high intelligence to be consistent in getting levelled up quick.
That said,if you're doing a character build based on Vats,putting lots of points into luck is the way to go.
Yeah, I tend to build around stealth with VATS and a VATS enhanced, silenced weapon like the Deliverer. Really good if combinded with Gunslinger perks.

That keeps me going until I can afford Overseer's guardian or that ridiculous explosive shotgun you can find in that floating raider camp. Once you have either of those two, combined with rifleman perks (as well as Gunsmith to upgrade), you can take most things down in 2 shots.

Think getting Deliverer early game in survival might be pretty much impossible though.

Yeah, I tend to build around stealth with VATS and a VATS enhanced, silenced weapon like the Deliverer. Really good if combinded with Gunslinger perks.

That keeps me going until I can afford Overseer's guardian or that ridiculous explosive shotgun you can find in that floating raider camp. Once you have either of those two, combined with rifleman perks (as well as Gunsmith to upgrade), you can take most things down in 2 shots.

Think getting Deliverer early game in survival might be pretty much impossible though.

Should be possible.
Get to the railroad,get the mission with Deacon,get him to do most of the work, as he's immortal,get the gun.

It's way easier to get Danse's gun though,he can do that mission on his own.
The hardest part is winning the fight against the Ghouls before you "meet " him.
Lots of molotovs required,and stand well back.
Saying this because you can change the righteous authority into a pistol.

Should be possible.
Get to the railroad,get the mission with Deacon,get him to do most of the work, as he's immortal,get the gun.

It's way easier to get Danse's gun though,he can do that mission on his own.
The hardest part is winning the fight against the Ghouls before you "meet " him.
Lots of molotovs required,and stand well back.
Saying this because you can change the righteous authority into a pistol.
Thanks for the tips.

I've also got a damage mod installed that has helped 'balance' the game a little. Basically makes headshots one and done for humans, ghouls and supermutants. Really helps the immersion. One thing I hate about the game at higher levels is the bullet sponges you come across.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.