General Videogame Thread

Which GPU and CPU are you using now bud?
R9 280.

It can run Witcher 3 better than PS4 and Xbox One but it sounds like it wants to take off. Any upgrade now, would be made with the next gen console performance in mind. I think I'll just have to wait a while.

Last edited:
Decided to get AC Valhalla in the end along with Horizon Zero Dawn, both on PC.

Enjoying AC Valhalla so far but good grief, its taxing on my GPU. With an RTX 2070 super At 1440p, I’m around medium settings if I want a stable 60fps. Think people might be better with it on console if they have the option, or a beefier gpu.
I have the 2070 super. Assassins Creed games are badly optimised. I've just bought Odyssey and I've read up on how that runs, Far Cry 5 is from the same studio and that runs fine on 1440p so I'm not sure why this is the case

R9 280.

It can run Witcher 3 but it sounds like it wants to take off. Any upgrade now would be made with the next gen console performance in mind. I think I'll just have to wait a while.

Have you tried reapplying the thermal paste and giving it a going over with IPA? Your GPU is still quite able depending on your settings.

PC gamers need to look for the sweet spot, the right CPU matched to the right GPU, if you buy a 9th gen intel or say a Ryzen 3600 then buying one of the new gen of GPU's will work, however something like an RX 580 will give great performance with an intel 4th gen upwards if you aren't bothered about 4K gaming.

Tell me to STFU I am going on a bit ;)

I have the 2070 super. Assassins Creed games are badly optimised. I've just bought Odyssey and I've read up on how that runs, Far Cry 5 is from the same studio and that runs fine on 1440p so I'm not sure why this is the case

Are you going to buy one of the new gen GPU's? You make a great point about poorly optimised games, is Assassins creed one of the games that rely on cores and threads more than raw GPU power?

Have you tried reapplying the thermal paste and giving it a going over with IPA? Your GPU is still quite able depending on your settings.

PC gamers need to look for the sweet spot, the right CPU matched to the right GPU, if you buy a 9th gen intel or say a Ryzen 3600 then buying one of the new gen of GPU's will work, however something like an RX 580 will give great performance with an intel 4th gen upwards if you aren't bothered about 4K gaming.

Tell me to STFU I am going on a bit ;)

Nah it's fine mate, I have looked into everything, I don't know what reply I was hoping for. Maybe some good news on the prices going back to the levels they were, on the horizon.

As for the card, it's just a noisy MSI one, not much you can do about that with a taxing game like Witcher 3, with the best settings it can handle.

I don't play games half as much as I used to anymore, so I'm finding it harder to justify the costs it's risen to. Probably makes me sound like an old fart that. :)

Are you going to buy one of the new gen GPU's? You make a great point about poorly optimised games, is Assassins creed one of the games that rely on cores and threads more than raw GPU power?
I've only just got my PC so not for a while yet. I only play story based games at 60fps so it will do me for a few years. Yeah it's a CPU heavy game, I haven't actually started it yet as I'm at he end of Doom Eternal (which is hard!) I have the R5 3600 processer so I'm not sure how a 6 core 12 thread CPU deals with it. I hear it's quite decent in that respect tho.

I've finally packed it in today. I've tried and have sunk 20 hours in. The game has fantastic graphics and looks beautiful, but its bloated as fuck. You can't progress in the story until you do the side quests/find loot, and they've made it such a chore that it genuinely takes hours to do.

I can sell it for £37 at CEX so I think I'll take them up on that offer. Worst AC since Unity IMO.

I'm only an hour in so can't really draw my own conclusions yet.

Anyone else gotten obsessed with photo mode on games? They look amazing now and it's genuinely so much fun capturing shots like these mid game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.