General Videogame Thread

After waiting for the game to get patched a wee bit I've now properly started playing Cyberpunk, around 20hrs so far. I've got a high spec PC so the game runs nicely with no real sign of bugs up to now.
I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far, I never religiously followed the game through production so maybe didn't have the (unrealistic?) expectations that some had. No doubt the launch was a total clusterfuck and CDPR have tarnished their reputation but cutting through all that stuff the bottom line is I'm having lots of fun playing and looking forward to booting it up again tonight. I definitely get a sense of the original Deus Ex when playing it, no bad thing in my opinion. I might change my opinion after I've finished the game but find all the hate directed towards it a bit bemusing. I do find the map pretty shit though.

Thinking about flogging by Series S. Bought it on a bit of a whim to tide me over until I decided which big new console to buy, but I barely use it and what I do use it for my old PS4 or Xbox 1 can also do. I could sell it used, for a £50 profit right now, which seems a bit of a no brainer if I can be arsed.

Welp, about a day after first considering selling my Series S and I bit the bullet and did it, sold it for £310 on ebay in about 2 hours. Pretty surprised how quickly it sold considering it was used and there were new ones for not much more, but I guess there is a lot of scams about so mine looked trustworthy? Plus a lot were "collection only", which seemed like taking the piss in a lockdown. Either way, after ebay take their cut I'm still up maybe £30 after having it for a few months. Can't complain.

Didn't really get much out of tbh, there really aren't any proper next gen games yet and won't be for some time. Old gen games did run a bit better and looked a bit nicer, but honestly I struggle to care about that. A good game is a good game, a bad game is a bad game, loading times and better lighting doesn't change that. I'll probably end up buying a PS5 or Series X in a year or so when the actual games turn up, really no idea why I bought it in the first place. Bought in on a whim, sold it on a whim, implausibly made a profit while being an idiot

Just read a breakdown of the ps5 dualsense controller, apparently it's been giving drift issues for many users, and a tear down of the insides has revealed the cause as a part worn down with continual use and means your joystick can't return to its starting point and gives the drift issues, and estimates that on average it gives the controller a lifespan of 417 hours.

That's nothing for most gamers I would imagine, and almost certainly will lead to a dualsense v2 this year. A lawsuit is already filed against Sony for defective hardware.

Going to see how this own develops and whether it is some or most users reporting issues come summer, but if it's a bad as it seems then any idea I had to get a ps5 later this year will be shelved for another year, or until replacement controllers become dirt cheap.

Now I'll take my grump arse off to dosbox and boot up Eye of the Beholder again.

Last edited:
Just read a breakdown of the ps5 dualsense controller, apparently it's been giving drift issues for many users, and a tear down of the insides has revealed the cause as a part worn down with continual use and means your joystick can't return to its starting point and gives the drift issues, and estimates that on average it gives the controller a lifespan of 417 hours.

That's nothing for most gamers I would imagine, and almost certainly will lead to a dualsense v2 this year. A lawsuit is already filed against Sony for defective hardware.

Going to see how this own develops and whether it is some or most users reporting issues come summer, but if it's a bad as it seems then any idea I had to get a ps5 later this year will be shelved for another year, or until replacement controllers become dirt cheap.

Now I'll take my grump arse off to dosbox and boot up Eye of the Beholder again.

Their QA is bloody awful to not spot this ahead of launch. A lifespan of 417 hours which as you say is nothing given modern open world games are typically 40 - 70 hours long.

I think I’ve easily exceeded 300 hours since launch day, probably even more. Yes, I have no life.

Welp, about a day after first considering selling my Series S and I bit the bullet and did it, sold it for £310 on ebay in about 2 hours. Pretty surprised how quickly it sold considering it was used and there were new ones for not much more, but I guess there is a lot of scams about so mine looked trustworthy? Plus a lot were "collection only", which seemed like taking the piss in a lockdown. Either way, after ebay take their cut I'm still up maybe £30 after having it for a few months. Can't complain.

Didn't really get much out of tbh, there really aren't any proper next gen games yet and won't be for some time. Old gen games did run a bit better and looked a bit nicer, but honestly I struggle to care about that. A good game is a good game, a bad game is a bad game, loading times and better lighting doesn't change that. I'll probably end up buying a PS5 or Series X in a year or so when the actual games turn up, really no idea why I bought it in the first place. Bought in on a whim, sold it on a whim, implausibly made a profit while being an idiot

Awful lot of energy just to say you're a scalper there mate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.