General Wrestling Thread

Bumping the thread here but last night Bobby Heenan unfortunately passed , aged 73, been ill a long time , great manger when i started watching WWF and the commentator, greatest compliment for him was when he was commentating you didn't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy his humour, RIP Bobby.

Bumping the thread here but last night Bobby Heenan unfortunately passed , aged 73, been ill a long time , great manger when i started watching WWF and the commentator, greatest compliment for him was when he was commentating you didn't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy his humour, RIP Bobby.
I was watching wrestling in my hotel room the other day. I couldn't turn it off, I was fascinated. It's so terrible that it's funny. And seeing grown American blokes in the crowd whooping etc is so cringy but surreal. There was one move where the wrestler does a somersault off the ropes purposes landing on his back but the back of his head lands on his opponents stomach, yet this was a signature finishing move that is meant to hurt the opponent more. It's so shit.

I was watching wrestling in my hotel room the other day. I couldn't turn it off, I was fascinated. It's so terrible that it's funny. And seeing grown American blokes in the crowd whooping etc is so cringy but surreal. There was one move where the wrestler does a somersault off the ropes purposes landing on his back but the back of his head lands on his opponents stomach, yet this was a signature finishing move that is meant to hurt the opponent more. It's so shit.

I stopped watching about 12 year ago but i always keep up to date with what the wrestlers from my era are up to

The Greatest is used for a lot of things these days, but Bobby Heenan genuinely was the greatest heel performer/manager & co commentator of all time.

If you are wanting reminisce following this news, then may I point you in the direction of the following

His Hall of Fame Induction (Couldn't find the whole speech, which is brilliant)

Royal Rumble 1992

Wrestlemania 17 - Gimmick Battle Royal

Wrestlemania 9 - His entry on a camal

Golf Lessons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.