Genesis reformed

Wow, that is a revelation. I’ve heard the bootleg audio from that show going back years, but never seen the video before. Incredible quality. Thanks ever so much posting this.

My only gripe, and it’s minor, is to note that they don’t show enough footage of the guitar player ;-)
He was/is a fabulous player - in fact I’m looking to the next tour and hoping my ticket is still valid. Hackett has done a better job of keeping the flame of Genesis going strong more than anyone.
This performance is outstanding and the build to the end surreal. Musicianship at it's very best.

Last edited:
That French journalist at the end. What an absolute clown! He doesn't realise that he's insulting Gabriel with his questions, and he absolutely does not get the fun that Gabriel is gently poking back at him. “I've lived with Bowie for the last three years”. The others do, though.
Can't believe how clunky journalists can be, sometimes.
There's a great story that Ian Carr — Miles Davis' biographer, and musician in his own right — tells about a female journalist from Vogue or some such publication. They were going up in a lift at the Hilton to interview Davis. She said, “What can you tell me about Miles Davis?” He just replied, “Not much between the ground and fifth floor”. She started the interview, and right from the off Davis picked up that she didn't know her arse from her elbow. Knew nothing about him, nothing about jazz. He started doodling obscene drawings ever so casually, but in such a way that she could see them, while he was answering her questions. Carr quite admired her for keeping her cool, though, and soldiering through it to the bitter end.

Last edited:
This performance is outstanding and the build to the end surreal. Musicianship at it's very best.

To the uninitiated, the bloke (in the black funeral dress) stamping all over the bass pedals, was the BRILLIANT Nick Beggs, ex Kajagoogoo (stop sniggering). Brilliant is doing him a disservice. He is just that. I hope he's Hackett's bassist,this year

Yet another classic Hackett, brings back a few memories....

That song was apparently written with lyrics but when they laid down the track they agreed it didn't need them - can't remember where I read that. Reminds me of the summer of 1979 - I borrowed that album from the local library and kept it the whole summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.