George Galloway slates City

As per usual most of you have got the wrong end of the stick by sucking up the headlines, George was having a go at Sports England funding cuts while Premier League footballers are dripping in money.

He is right if more politicians were like him we wouldn't see the corruption we have today.

kiam06 said:
As per usual most of you have got the wrong end of the stick by sucking up the headlines, George was having a go at Sports England funding cuts while Premier League footballers are dripping in money.

He is right if more politicians were like him we wouldn't see the corruption we have today.

I love your optimism there!

kiam06 said:

I'm a bit confused by what he's saying actually. He argues there's no justification for Sport England providing £30m, which I'd agree he'd have a point on, to saying the the Premier League should double its annual contribution, which I'd agree he'd have a point on, but then saying 'joined by the Government'. So should the money government provides to grassroots football be £0 or £60 million?

That this House believes there is no justification for Sport England providing £30 million in funding to the Football Association (FA) to develop grassroots football; points out that while welcoming the cut of £1.6 million in the grant, the FA has an annual income of over £300 million and presides over the richest football organisation in the world, the Premier League; further believes that senior football clubs, and principally those in the Premier League, have failed to properly invest in grassroots football; notes that the Premier League currently gives just 3.7 per cent of its annual turnover to amateur and non-senior football, some £45 million, and contrasts that with the wage bill of just one club, Manchester City, which last year spent £233 million on salaries; is convinced that the lack of sufficient local high-standard facilities is responsible both for the drop in numbers of those playing the amateur game and is hindering the development of young talent; and calls on the FA to ensure that the Premier League is made to double its annual contribution, joined by the Government, so that more people are playing the game, particularly young people, which can only benefit the clubs and the national team.

Not his best effort really. What is clear though is that he didn't directly criticise us or CITC at all. He simply contrasts the amount spent on wages (of which we are the obvious example as the leading wage spenders) with that spent on grassroots. It's a general point not aimed at us and he's right, there is too big a disparity between what clubs spend on wages and what they spend on grassroots.

Obviously too busy sucking off murderous tyrants again to do any research into his bollocks rants
Fat ****
Go fall off a cliff
Now to read the thread and see where im wrong
;)

Didsbury Dave said:
Bluemoon law 235 - if someone says something not complimentary about City they have always been a ****.

Just to produce a random post in the thread replying to something said several pages ago.

We must also remember here the companion provision, Bluemoon law 236 -

If someone who has always been a **** says something positive about City, they have never been a ****.

We may need this one if Gorgeous George performs a volte-face and praises City in some way, in which case he has of course always been a veritable beacon of honour, integrity and perspicacity.

I can understand our rivals making such silly statements.
But an MP should be more careful about what he says as they can have serious negative effect.

Can we sue him for defamation?

kiam06 said:

yep agreed ^ he said the same thing...

Kun Aguero said:
Why Always Ste said:
Going against the norm here but I actually liked Galloway until I read this.

I Like his politics but the guy knows fuck all about Footy and should keep his nose out.

CITC/City are doing alot for the community.

The bloke was chummy with Saddam Hussein.
you seem to be very knowledgeable....how about if you enlighten us and tell us what is exactly is wrong with galloway or saddam?

i prefer to read or hear the whole agreement of galloway before reacting.... most of the comments here blindly defending city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.