George Michael RIP

Oh, holidays in Ibiza in the early 80's were all the rage. The young generation thing they invented booze holidays;)
I was in San Antonio 1983 and I'm sure the bar was called Tropicanas and the song was belted out each night.
A great time at a great age.

Overheard on a chat board out here in S.F.:

"Boy, some people will do anything to get out of playing at that asshole's Inauguration."

Too soon, maybe, but I think even GM would have laughed at that one.

RIP -- talented guy and a big part of the life soundtrack of just about every girl I dated in college.

Ugh. This year sure does have it out for celebrities. Def thought he made some great pop records.
Careless Whisper was Bilboard's Song of the Year in 1985 I believe. And rightfully so. I thought his
reaction to the whole police entrapment scandal was great. "I just couldn't turn down a free lunch"
or something similar. Great cheeky humor.

Not a fan of his music but 80 million records speaks for itself. It's weird but I remarked at the christmas dinner table when discussing all those we have lost this year that there would be one more major celebrity death before the end of the year,

He made some lovely music and was without doubt one of the greatest white soul vocalists. RIP George.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.