George Reynolds

KS55

George Reynolds, ex chairman of Darlington fc, has died.
Reynolds led an extraordinary life:smuggler, safe cracker, multi millionaire kitchen top manufacturer, tax avoider, hard man.
But most of all he was a Walter Mitty who built a 25,000 seat stadium for his club and imagined he would take them to the premier league. No more than 1500 turned up on a typical Saturday and he went bankrupt.
RIP George.

A character indeed.

Surprised no one has made a film about his life yet.

Did some work in Darlo a couple of years ago and used to pass the stadium on the way in, like anything that is neglected it needed some love.

I think the rugby team play there now, biggest attendance was something like Elton John.

I have been a City season ticket holder for 40 plus years but also follow Darlo, season ticket holder there too even though Im a Manc.

A lot of Darlo fans dislike him but he at least tried to make things better, some owners after him ruined the club.

Its now fan owned, fans have raised money to build at the rugby club but it looks like National League North for some time unless I win the lottery.

He has been a Facebook friend of mine for many years. RIP George. A character - married 3 times. Jail a couple of times. Sold a company for 47 million. Still grafting at 81. Lived a life. That’s what it is all about.

I live within 10 miles. He was basically a gangster. If being a character involves burning down employees houses when they went on strike or sending his goons round to local reporters houses when they say anything negative about him then he is certainly a character.
Correct. A dangerous criminal scumbag brought down by his own vanity and hubris

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.