Germany v Denmark - Sat 29th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The accuracy of the technology is really not the issue here and we're at risk of throwing the baby out with the bath water. This offside tech is undeniably very reliable and accurate, there is no human involvement in calculating the offsides. Huge improvement on "the lines".

The issue is that it measures offside with such accuracy that it is nearly impossible for a person to know themselves if they are offending.

It's an easy fix for me, it just needs an "umpire's call" zone that goes with the on-field decision. Say if the player is less than one foot offside.
Like I said a more liberal criteria I’d go with Wegner any part of body onside = onside yes, there would be fine margins but at least we see goals

Denmark left Hjolund on too long to give them a fighting chance to get back in the game

Even taking the two refereeing calls into account, Denmark just haven't done quite enough this evening. They had a decent 20 minutes or so around the middle of the game. But Germany have, on the whole, been the slightly better side. While not being impressive themselves. Spain or Portugal would have too much for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.