Germany v England 22nd March

In the same week as the death of a former IRA terrorist being treated with far more compassion than he ever offered his victims, and on the same day as the murder of a British Policeman, as he fought valiantly to defend Parliamentary democracy,, we still get the boorish England chavs booing the German national anthem, and singing about World War Two.

A truly depressing week!
Football fans trying to wind up opposition fans,that doesn't happen at our games thank god.

Well, call me old fashioned, but if we can't shut the fuck up for thirty seconds, just to respect another country's national anthem, then we lose the moral ground when the Russians start twatting innocent people.
I agree with yer mate respecting a countries National Anthem should be a minimum standard of behaviour,them bloody Scots spent the effort to boo their own last time i went to an England game up there.

exactly. it seems to be fashionable now for some reason when your club is successful to think supporting england is uncool... but most people despite whats said do both. I'll always follow city and england. its always great to see city players in the england team. i loved it a few years back when swp scored that goal against ukraine. people obviously care, the pubs are packed, the big screens in manchester are packed and I'm gonna bet if we got to a semi final about 20m people would watch it.

I think the strength of support for England has also fallen off because most matches just aren't worth watching. Yet another friendly against Germany followed by Lithuania. It just doesn't get the juices flowing. I expect that if England were to make a decent showing in a finals, there would be a huge surge in interest and support eg as Euro 96 or Italy 90.

I really hope Southgate does well, and I at least appreciate the fact he's tried to change the style a bit. I thought there were some very encouraging signs last night, But we've got to do it at a tournament rather than just in friendlies.

Lost interest in internationals. Forgot we even had one last night. Caught the second half channel hopping. Liked what I saw. Made a refreshing change. We have a good crop of young players now the old guard has cleared out. Not sure how the fk Luke Sure gets picked. Laughable.

It's a shame he's such a nob and plays for Spurs, he looks great every time I see him play to be fair.
Yeah I know, he comes across as a prick at times but as a player I think he is quality. Wish we had him as he scores lots of goals as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.