Germany's Strikers

Yea, Gomez has scored a lot of goals, but have you seen the crazy chances he misses?! With the team behide him and the way he gets set up it would be ridiculous for him to have scored any less, if anything it should be more.

GnashZumbah said:
Yea, Gomez has scored a lot of goals, but have you seen the crazy chances he misses?! With the team behide him and the way he gets set up it would be ridiculous for him to have scored any less, if anything it should be more.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z0DpxLnh0&feature=related[/youtube]

Problem with Gomez is that he needs a lot of support to get his goals, which shows at Bayern where he is spoon fed from Robben/Ribbery and Müller.... He is slow, technical limited and if you play Gomez you basically play with 10 playears instead of 11 as all he does is sit in the box and wait for his chance.

Klose is imho still a much better striker and I would even rate Reus higher as a striker, simply because they contribute more to the overall game and are not just poachers.

Unfortunately after the goal last night I can´t see Löw swap Klose/Reus in for the match versus Holland. :(

Horrible Gomez is horrible...

Haha, typical Gomez last night. He does nothing (although to be fair I've seen him play a lot worse!), then he gets a goal and everyone think he's a hero. I think most of the people who go on about how great he is have just seen the highlights of games. I was shocked to see that Klose didn't start and cause Gomez finally managed a goal I don't think he will start the next game either. Boo!

Ruhr said:
GnashZumbah said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Z0DpxLnh0&feature=related[/youtube]

Was worried this was going to be a 'best bits'. Oh, but there isn't any!

GnashZumbah said:
Haha, typical Gomez last night. He does nothing (although to be fair I've seen him play a lot worse!), then he gets a goal and everyone think he's a hero. I think most of the people who go on about how great he is have just seen the highlights of games. I was shocked to see that Klose didn't start and cause Gomez finally managed a goal I don't think he will start the next game either. Boo!

Gomez is so cumbersome it's untrue but you can't deny when there's a chance in the box he is lethal. Like you say, he did nothing last night then bang a quality header back across the goalkeeper.

I think Arsenal have bought well in Podolski too. He's had a few injuries but when fit he's a big threat. He'll fit perfectly into Arsenal's system too either up top or wide left

none of them are that impressive imo.read a lot of posts on here saying get rid of dzeko and get one of these three.i think dzeko is a lot better than all of them tbh
gomez would be slated in our team.idle at best.
podolski is an extremely poor mans van persie.
klose=average,just average

Didn't think Klose looked fit at all last night and that is why Gomez started. For all the England fans, and press, Gomez has now scored 27 goals in 54 appearances compared to the greatest striker in the world, Wooney who has 24 from 78. Interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.