Get off Hughes's back!!!

citizens_1976

Please can people give Hughes a chance. Like Chelsea didn't with Mourinho or Grant and look where they have ended up now, they are not very stable, players are unhappy and they do not have a winning mentality that they once had under Grant or Mourinho. I mean we are never going to find stability at the club if we are chopping and changing all the time. All City fans want is NOW NOW NOW!!!
Give Hughes a break, he's working overtime to make this Club a global force, like Ireland once said on an interview. I believe Hughes is the right man for the job and with time and more effort in the coming months, maybe even years he can become a City hero.

Signings:
1) Bellamy - Played 3 scored 2 and could have scored 3 for us (Chance against Stoke, just over the bar). Looks to have been a great coup for us. He is different to Jo, he's a winner, Jo is a loser. Simple as that really. Jo has the similar attitude of a Samaras and even if he does score 15-20 goals for Everton etc, he is not the striker we need. Sturridge is a far better player than Jo in my opinion. Bellamy is a born winner and you can see that in the games infront of us. Even in the 93rd minute he's covering for Richard's at right back, and Ireland in the centre of midfield. He really has been an excellent signing, although it's too early to say, we have been lacking this type of player with this type of attitude, who is willing to dig in for the points.. from well since the days of Dickov. He's a much better version than Dickov though.

2) Bridge- Yes he has made 2 mistakes in 4 games, but that is due to lack of matches and lack of communication in the side seeing as he is a new player in the setup. He is a fantastic full back. He is solid, attacks well, comfortable on the ball and consistent which is something we have lacked from Ball and Garrido in the past 2 seasons. The mistakes made from Bridge is down to not playing in this team for a short while. I cannot stand the people coming on this site, slagging him off for the 2 mistakes, come on give the bloody lad a chance. He needs time, like all of our signings. Time is what Villa, Man Utd and Everton have all had, and they are the most stable clubs around.

3) Nigel De Jong- Looks like a cracking signing. Although you get the odd few, ''ohhh, he doesn't do anything, he doesn't run anywhere, he's not worth 18m''. Whether he is worth 18m or not, he is a fantastic player with a bit of everything in his locker. We have lacked this type of player for a number of years. He is disciplined, he's a great passer, he keeps the ball moving and his passing success rate is superb. If i have one thing against him, it's that he looks a little bit too slow in a tackle but i can blame that on the lack of games and the condition he's in at the present time.

4) Shay Given- Best keeper in the prem, and have said that for a long while. He's not the tallest keeper out there, but he's world class. All round he is superb. Shot stopping he's superb, his distribution is superb and most importantly what he has over Joe Hart is the experience and decision making. Decision Making is what spoils Hart, but Hart can learn off the best to become the best. Our best signing no doubt, considering the small fee we paid. Will be an important player for us this season and is the type of goalkeeper that will win us alot of games and save us alot of points.

All in all, all you ever hear on these sites is criticism. Rome was not built in a day and this City team can not be built in a day. Yes we have waited 33 years, but we might aswell wait a little longer, we have been patient for all these years. We haven't won anything in all this time and for that reason people want NOW NOW NOW!!! Let Hughes do his job, he has come under heavy criticism and he needs a fair bash at it, he's finding stability month after month and the team is improving. We are battling better, playing ok and digging results out in the strangest of predicaments.

Jo scores for Everton and it's sack Hughes, he let him go, I am sick and tired of it..fans sounding like a bunch of angry teenagers going through puberty, acting like pricks. Jo going to Everton was the best for the club and the best for him. He went clubbing, Hughes fined him and dropped him. He will learn his lesson. He has gone to Everton where the club is stable and has a good team spirit, assembled throughout a 5 year plan. Obviously he will pick his game up because he will feel alot more confident in a team that's got no higher ambitions and plans to attract stars. At Everton he will feel very welcomed because he's come into their team one of their stars, whereas at City he may have felt like a small fish in a big pond. It's the best for Jo and for us, he will come back to us a better player and a more confident young man without the price tag and the expectations on his shoulders. Great move by Hughes.

One of our signings has a bad game and makes a mistake and it's Hughes's fault. You cannot win, seriously. Get behind Hughes and get behind the team, because we are a big family and we are superb fans, but we aren't showing it. I just think this site has attracted glory hunting pricks as soon as we got the takeover. Well if we have, Glory Hunters, Fuck off back to wherever you came from.
Hughes is the manager, we have to put our faith in him because from what i see it's a long term project and not a project that will take off in a few minutes. Grow Up anti Hughes people.

citizens_1976 said:
Please can people give Hughes a chance. Like Chelsea didn't with Mourinho or Grant and look where they have ended up now, they are not very stable, players are unhappy and they do not have a winning mentality that they once had under Grant or Mourinho. I mean we are never going to find stability at the club if we are chopping and changing all the time. All City fans want is NOW NOW NOW!!!
Give Hughes a break, he's working overtime to make this Club a global force, like Ireland once said on an interview. I believe Hughes is the right man for the job and with time and more effort in the coming months, maybe even years he can become a City hero.

Signings:
1) Bellamy - Played 3 scored 2 and could have scored 3 for us (Chance against Stoke, just over the bar). Looks to have been a great coup for us. He is different to Jo, he's a winner, Jo is a loser. Simple as that really. Jo has the similar attitude of a Samaras and even if he does score 15-20 goals for Everton etc, he is not the striker we need. Sturridge is a far better player than Jo in my opinion. Bellamy is a born winner and you can see that in the games infront of us. Even in the 93rd minute he's covering for Richard's at right back, and Ireland in the centre of midfield. He really has been an excellent signing, although it's too early to say, we have been lacking this type of player with this type of attitude, who is willing to dig in for the points.. from well since the days of Dickov. He's a much better version than Dickov though.

2) Bridge- Yes he has made 2 mistakes in 4 games, but that is due to lack of matches and lack of communication in the side seeing as he is a new player in the setup. He is a fantastic full back. He is solid, attacks well, comfortable on the ball and consistent which is something we have lacked from Ball and Garrido in the past 2 seasons. The mistakes made from Bridge is down to not playing in this team for a short while. I cannot stand the people coming on this site, slagging him off for the 2 mistakes, come on give the bloody lad a chance. He needs time, like all of our signings. Time is what Villa, Man Utd and Everton have all had, and they are the most stable clubs around.

3) Nigel De Jong- Looks like a cracking signing. Although you get the odd few, ''ohhh, he doesn't do anything, he doesn't run anywhere, he's not worth 18m''. Whether he is worth 18m or not, he is a fantastic player with a bit of everything in his locker. We have lacked this type of player for a number of years. He is disciplined, he's a great passer, he keeps the ball moving and his passing success rate is superb. If i have one thing against him, it's that he looks a little bit too slow in a tackle but i can blame that on the lack of games and the condition he's in at the present time.

4) Shay Given- Best keeper in the prem, and have said that for a long while. He's not the tallest keeper out there, but he's world class. All round he is superb. Shot stopping he's superb, his distribution is superb and most importantly what he has over Joe Hart is the experience and decision making. Decision Making is what spoils Hart, but Hart can learn off the best to become the best. Our best signing no doubt, considering the small fee we paid. Will be an important player for us this season and is the type of goalkeeper that will win us alot of games and save us alot of points.

All in all, all you ever hear on these sites is criticism. Rome was not built in a day and this City team can not be built in a day. Yes we have waited 33 years, but we might aswell wait a little longer, we have been patient for all these years. We haven't won anything in all this time and for that reason people want NOW NOW NOW!!! Let Hughes do his job, he has come under heavy criticism and he needs a fair bash at it, he's finding stability month after month and the team is improving. We are battling better, playing ok and digging results out in the strangest of predicaments.

Jo scores for Everton and it's sack Hughes, he let him go, I am sick and tired of it..fans sounding like a bunch of angry teenagers going through puberty, acting like pricks. Jo going to Everton was the best for the club and the best for him. He went clubbing, Hughes fined him and dropped him. He will learn his lesson. He has gone to Everton where the club is stable and has a good team spirit, assembled throughout a 5 year plan. Obviously he will pick his game up because he will feel alot more confident in a team that's got no higher ambitions and plans to attract stars. At Everton he will feel very welcomed because he's come into their team one of their stars, whereas at City he may have felt like a small fish in a big pond. It's the best for Jo and for us, he will come back to us a better player and a more confident young man without the price tag and the expectations on his shoulders. Great move by Hughes.

One of our signings has a bad game and makes a mistake and it's Hughes's fault. You cannot win, seriously. Get behind Hughes and get behind the team, because we are a big family and we are superb fans, but we aren't showing it. I just think this site has attracted glory hunting pricks as soon as we got the takeover. Well if we have, Glory Hunters, Fuck off back to wherever you came from.
Hughes is the manager, we have to put our faith in him because from what i see it's a long term project and not a project that will take off in a few minutes. Grow Up anti Hughes people.

De Jong 14m. Com'on get it right.

Good post mate, i agree. Also when you look at how good Kompany and Zabaleta have been for a combined £11m they are quality signings. Plus he has brought SWP back to the club which is brilliant. Yes our results havnt been what we expected but tbh he needs time to get the team to gell. I have confidence in him and believe he will sort us out. We have an exciting you team that will get better and better.

I agree,Hughes has only been at the club since the summer himself and the job now is a completely different one from the one he first thought he was taking on with the take-over etc.I think he will get it right but we all need to give him the time.We won't go down this season so there is a great opportunity for him to make his own mark on his team in the summer and take great leaps forward next season with his own players playing the way he wants.Chelsea have just sacked another manager and look where they are-we'd all give our right arms to be in the top 4 and in the champions league.We went through a phase of changing managers all too quickly in the late eightys early nineties and it got us nowhere.Lets all get behind this one as its the best chance we've had in years to build a team that can get us some success.

ryan282 said:
I agree,Hughes has only been at the club since the summer himself and the job now is a completely different one from the one he first thought he was taking on with the take-over etc.I think he will get it right but we all need to give him the time.We won't go down this season so there is a great opportunity for him to make his own mark on his team in the summer and take great leaps forward next season with his own players playing the way he wants.Chelsea have just sacked another manager and look where they are-we'd all give our right arms to be in the top 4 and in the champions league.We went through a phase of changing managers all too quickly in the late eightys early nineties and it got us nowhere.Lets all get behind this one as its the best chance we've had in years to build a team that can get us some success.
THIS and great post from OP

Nice one, Citizen_1976, could not agree more!

From the outset, MH has called for TIME, BALANCE, and PATIENCE from us. ADUG is apparently giving him the time, the money to bring some balance to the squad, so can WE provide a little patience? I hope so!

The table says that if we win our game in hand, we go SEVENTH!!! Anyone think we COULD be SEVENTH by Valentine's Day? Doubtful!

Keep up the good work, in front of AND behind the scenes, Mr Hughes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.