GET TRAUTMANN TO WEMBLEY CITY...

Ticket For Schalke said:
How many loyalty points does he have?

Haha I think the scar on his neck must equal at least 6000

On a serious note though, in this modern era where players are lamented for a lack of passion, having too much money and moving from club to club we have an 87 yo man who played over 500 games for us and was involved in perhaps the most famous FA Cup moments of all time wanting to be invited to the final as a guest of the club he served so wonderfully. He just has to be there.

Bert should be there end of, he is a legend and a gentleman Garry Cook and Khaldoon should do everything they can to get him to Wembley

jay_mcfc said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

Haha I think the scar on his neck must equal at least 6000

On a serious note though, in this modern era where players are lamented for a lack of passion, having too much money and moving from club to club we have an 87 yo man who played over 500 games for us and was involved in perhaps the most famous FA Cup moments of all time wanting to be invited to the final as a guest of the club he served so wonderfully. He just has to be there.

Concur, but i've spoke with him on 2 occasions, he hates being remembered for the neck incident ha.

There is a Ken Barnes tribute lunch on May 20th I understand that Bert has been invited so I guess the trips could be combined

Ticket For Schalke said:
Concur, but i've spoke with him on 2 occasions, he hates being remembered for the neck incident ha.

He doesn't 'hate' it but rather gets a bit sick of talking about 1336 times per day, as he told me ;)

But in all honesty he is right. To be just remembered for his neck is an undoubted injustice to a player whom the likes of Wilson, Banks and Clemence all worshiped.

We also need to get Tommy Hutchison there. Get him to chat to the lads about how it feels to loae, some extra incentive to win there. Also they need pretty much everyone from 69, such a tragedy Neil Young isn't there

Ticket For Schalke said:
jay_mcfc said:
He wants to be at the final, that I assure you! He should be a guest of the club on the 55th anniversary of him breaking his neck playing a football match for Manchester City. No doubt the likes of Bell, Summerbee, Booth etc will be there, for Bert not to be would make a mockery of everything he did for us.

50 Billion.

On a side note, if anyone owns a Kindle. Amazon have Trautmann:The Biography up in their Spring sale for just £1.49

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trautmann-The-Biography/dp/B00486U278/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3TVV12T0I6NSM&qid=1303153565&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trautmann-The-B ... 565&sr=1-1</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.